Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So drove about a 100km on autopilot after this latest update. Coming from 17.17.17.

I don't see the whole "silky smooth" thing. It seemed to drive the same as always. Worse if anything in terms of more "random braking".

A big improvement however is coming to a complete stop. It's reading cars from a further distance away so for red lights comes to a very natural stop vs very abrupt in the past.

Swerves when going through intersections off high way, still can't change lanes off highway.

On highway stays within lanes better on curves roads

• Informative
Reactions: DJ 240V
I just picked up my X from the SC. Came with the same update. I'm on 17.26.17.

Before this I didn't get any update past 17.17.17
AP 2 75D X in Canada

Is your speed limit display correct? Was it wrong before the update?

I picked up my s100d on Wednesday near Toronto Canada and speed limit display is 1.6x too high on 17.24.30, wondering if the latest version fixed it.

Is your speed limit display correct? Was it wrong before the update?

I picked up my s100d on Wednesday near Toronto Canada and speed limit display is 1.6x too high on 17.24.30, wondering if the latest version fixed it.

Yep nothing wrong with my speed limit display before or after...

However, upon using it more today, it looks like Tesla completely screwed up "On highway vs off highway" and "GPS based speed limits".

The car still doesn't read speed signs...and in several cases on roads with a speed limit of 80 km/hr, the car was showing me 50km/hr. On areas with 60km/hr, the car was showing me 80km/hr (these areas were fine before the update)

On top of this, on several streets, the car is detecting them as "high way roads", allowing me to go well above the 10km/hr over the speed limit using autopilot.

I.e. I was doing 100km/hr on autopilot on a road that has a stated speed limit of 80km/hr.

Off highway, the car is quite a bit more "jerky" than I thought - Still liking the more improved braking at a red light. However in one case (recorded), it cut it really close and slammed the brakes near the end, even heard a little noise.

Will post a video shortly.

It means you haven't been to the SC for a while. That is a GOOD sign. As mentioned my car was updated twice while in the SC for the 2+ weeks it was there. I'd rather NOT have those updates.
Seems pretty random I got 17.26.17 a few days ago and haven't been to the service center and barely drive the car. Not sure that it matters the last few updates they haven't said what they fixed. Seems like it can't be that big a deal. Maybe they just send it to cars that are having problems, the folks that aren't getting the updates don't have the issues that the firmware is trying to fix/mask.

Seems pretty random I got 17.26.17 a few days ago and haven't been to the service center and barely drive the car. Not sure that it matters the last few updates they haven't said what they fixed. Seems like it can't be that big a deal. Maybe they just send it to cars that are having problems, the folks that aren't getting the updates don't have the issues that the firmware is trying to fix/mask.
These last updates seem all to screw your AP. Auto speedlimiting information is totally wrong. At 80km/h roads suddenly the car drives 30km/h!
All cars behind you get frustrated. And dangerous situations appear.

Tesla is doing a verry bad job on these updates. A friend of mine got these a AP destroying updates. Fortunetly my car stucks at 17.11.10 :D

These last updates seem all to screw your AP. Auto speedlimiting information is totally wrong. At 80km/h roads suddenly the car drives 30km/h!

Everyone driving 30 instead of 80 should give the drivers license back.
When my car thinks to slow down, I react (override speed with my right foot or change from AP to TACC) before even the brake light comes up. ;)

Tesla is doing a verry bad job on these updates. A friend of mine got these a AP destroying updates. Fortunetly my car stucks at 17.11.10 :D

We have made a film of this.
Auto-pilot 17.24.28

Dropbox - 2017-07-03 12.49.10.mov

I drive in front with 17.10.11 the filming car has 17.24.28. I drive 80 on the 80km road. At the ending of the 50km road ( Winsum sign) 17.24.28 car goed from 50kmh naar 30kmh.

This happens all the time.

An other Dutch post of an dangerous situation created by the AP:

AP 2.0 - 17.22.46. Onregelmatig gaat AP op de rem - hier 27 juni jl op de A10. Effect op de achter mij uitvoegende Volvo is duidelijk. De AP zal geremd hebben op de voor mij invoegende auto (enige reden die ik kan bedenken). Maar blijft vreemd, want die ging harder dan ik...

Got a notification of a new release which was surprising since the car was already at 17.24.30. Updated just finished and new release is 17.26.17. So far, nothing obvious in UI or web browser and release notes are the same as before. Might be the kernel upgrade?

Will be taking out the X later and see if there's anything changed with AP2.
Just downloaded the 17-26-17 update on my ModelX with AP-1...I did notice that I can access the "easter eggs" now.