Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.5.36 AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
35 mph Autosteer!

Attachments

• IMG_9907.JPG
    IMG_9907.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 216
I am a MX P100DL owner running 17.5.28 and am a little confused.. is there code branch for X's with Ludicrous Mode?

This post is in regard to 17.6.15 version:
17.6.15 is out, any AP2 owners here that has it?

And there is another thread posted today regarding 17.5.36 with AP...

17.5.36 AP2

For Model X P100DL owners, what is the software upgrade version received??

I am posting this on both threads... confused....

I am a MX P100DL owner running 17.5.28 and am a little confused.. is there code branch for X's with Ludicrous Mode?

This post is in regard to 17.6.15 version:
17.6.15 is out, any AP2 owners here that has it?
Firmware.png

And there is another thread posted today regarding 17.5.36 with AP...

17.5.36 AP2

For Model X P100DL owners, what is the software upgrade version received??

I am posting this on both threads... confused....

17.6.15 - is for Vehicles with AP1 according to the Firmware Tracker website (Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App)

I've been waiting to receive this update but it looks like it is being released in a very limited way. The firmware upgrade tracker shows only 12 cars that have reported this upgrade so far. Let's hope Tesla is making improvements and planning a wider release.

It is pretty useless for me. Auto steer cannot even remotely handle intersections or situations where lines drop out. The car either randomly steers in the wrong direction or drops auto steer. So, it won't stay engaged for more than a few seconds at a time. Unlike with AP 1.0 the auto steer cannot traverse intersections at all. Poor following the car in front of you. Poor ability to stay on course when one marker drops. Again, pretty much useless. BTW, the lane markers and detected cars on the instrument display still jump left and right continually oscillating. Oh...and I still get many false positives with the front collision detection causing car to brake.

Good to know I'm not the only one getting crazy oscillating lines non stop... it's crazy and very very hard for me to believe we are only "a few months" away from parity with ap1.... at the rate I'm/we are getting updates it's gonna be a very long time.

Kinda makes me wish I would have opted for an inventory p100 with ap1 for a 20k discount..... alpha testing

• Funny
Reactions: Pdkj and NerdDoc