Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got my Model X. I had it delivered so I didn't get the full initiation from the folks at tesla. We are going to schedule one but I noticed I have 17.9.3 and I can't get auto steer to operate over 35 MPH - doesn't jive here. Also I can't figure out how to summon the car. I would like to adjust the cars parking or back it up. I actually got it with no charge - Tesla's break tripped overnight so my car came with 97 miles of charge and by the time i launched it 5 times I had about 60 miles left :)

Anyway I went to the local super charger and parked too far away. Would have been great to back the car up a bit...
No summon yet for the new hardware cars. I hear we will get it by the end of a month, but not sure which one.

So I just got my Model X. I had it delivered so I didn't get the full initiation from the folks at tesla. We are going to schedule one but I noticed I have 17.9.3 and I can't get auto steer to operate over 35 MPH - doesn't jive here. Also I can't figure out how to summon the car. I would like to adjust the cars parking or back it up. I actually got it with no charge - Tesla's break tripped overnight so my car came with 97 miles of charge and by the time i launched it 5 times I had about 60 miles left :)

Anyway I went to the local super charger and parked too far away. Would have been great to back the car up a bit...
As others mentioned, no summons yet, and other items to note.

Attachments

• Items.jpg
    Items.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 73

Oh boy I would have never guessed your new to Tesla.

I would suggest you read the post you posted on and it should enlighten you somewhat!

Simple answer is you have AP 2.0. It is not to AP 1.0 feature parity. Here is a link to see progress on available functionality. Enhanced AP HW2 Q&A (Lastest Firmware 17.9.3, Photos & Notes 3/10/2018) | Tesla Functions you mentioned are not capable as of yet.

I am in a similar boat (this is my first post and I don't even know where to ask questions). I received model x on March 15. It takes about 100miles to calibrate autosteer. It won't go over 35mph. I have software 8.0 version 17.7.2. I have been told it is not the latest software (why would I not receive the latest software on a new car?). I have also been told it is the latest software. So I am getting conflicting messages. I have also been told that autosteer doesn't work on all highways (note: I have been told autosteer over 35mph only works on highways). I don't know what to do. I suppose just wait and see if I get in update in coming weeks. Any advice?

Remain calm, Grasshopper!
Bur first, congratulations on your new vehicle :)
There are updates, and there are updates. Some updates relate only to older versions of Autopilot, some relate only to different models, ore requirements of different countries. It does appear that there is a relatively minor update that you should get soon. But we are all waiting for THE BIG ONE which is the move to 8.1 from 8.0 as the base system. This could happen at any time, probably within the next month but maybe sooner.
When the move to 8.1 happens, it appears that the MPH restrictions on Autosteer will also disappear--but having said that, it still is the case that Autosteer works best on clearly marked highways--even then you need to maintain vigilance and active control hands on the wheel, but I have found that it works very well on my highway commutes, and I don't use it very much at all in the city. However, as it gets better and better over the next months I may start trusting it more in the city.
One thing to note, it appears that you will get updates sooner if your vehicle is connected to WiFi--which males sense because over-the-air updates via cell costs Tesla for the data charges, so logically they should roll out via WiFi first. So I'd double check to hook up uuid vehicle to Wifi wherever you can.
I am in a similar boat (this is my first post and I don't even know where to ask questions). I received model x on March 15. It takes about 100miles to calibrate autosteer. It won't go over 35mph. I have software 8.0 version 17.7.2. I have been told it is not the latest software (why would I not receive the latest software on a new car?). I have also been told it is the latest software. So I am getting conflicting messages. I have also been told that autosteer doesn't work on all highways (note: I have been told autosteer over 35mph only works on highways). I don't know what to do. I suppose just wait and see if I get in update in coming weeks. Any advice?

Elon's pulling *sugar* out of his ass about everything coming out by end of quarter. That's his MO, I've learned. There's no reason high speed AS needs the kernel upgrade and vice versa.
I know. Unless they ended up putting the code for both in the same branch/release. Not sure why they would do that, but it looks like now both are going to get released together, whenever that is.

Reactions: disagree
I have software 8.0 version 17.7.2. I have been told it is not the latest software (why would I not receive the latest software on a new car?)

I had a similar issue at delivery. It is no big deal. All you have to do is swing by the service center and have them manually push the latest update to your car. It should take no time at all. Or you can also wait another week or two until the next update comes out and your car will be fully updated.