Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3DCAR STICKER FROM THEIR WEBSITE

Material properties

Our 3D Decals are made from polyurethane resin and high quality vinyl

• Thickness 2-3 mm
  • Resistance to mineral oils, greases, solvents, salt, water
  • UV-light resistance
  • For all weather conditions
  • Top quality that will NOT turn yellow in a few months.
  • Removable, will not damage the original factory paintwork
  • Temperature resistance: -30'C / +80'C
  • 8 Year outdoor quarantee
print_logo.jpg

Which size do you think we should order 60 or 61mm?

This is a tough call. I ordered a set of flat chrome center caps for $7.99 on eBay. They have a raised lip around the rim of the circle I don't know what the inner diameter actually is, and I will be attempting to fit the 3DCarStickets inside that rim...I'll let you know if the "60 mm" ones I ordered fit (which are 59mm, perhaps intentionally, according to my measurement).

Though I will say the Titanium Rial caps look very nice as-is...unlike the silver circles, they are barely noticeable, even with the silver Rial logo.

Having said all that, I am asking my body shop if they can replicate JasonA's magic, assisted by a set of RogBMW's stickers!

Yep, filled and painted.

JasonA, any tips on how you made the stencil for the Tesla T? I saw that you said you used a vinyl cutter...did you print a logo onto vinyl somehow?

I was considering using RogBMW stickers in black, and then clear coat over the sticker. But painting the logo on may be better. I was considering painting silver first, then applying the sticker as a mask, and then painting the rest of the cap gunmetal, then removing the sticker.

I just recently switched from the factory 21s with the Contis to the Rial Luganos withe Michelin Primacy MXM4s. My full year (12,000 mi) average energy consumption with the 21s was 357 Wh/mi. So far (a few hundred miles) with the Rials+Michelins we are averaging 332. A nice 7% drop in energy consumption.

JasonA, any tips on how you made the stencil for the Tesla T? I saw that you said you used a vinyl cutter...did you print a logo onto vinyl somehow?

I was considering using RogBMW stickers in black, and then clear coat over the sticker. But painting the logo on may be better. I was considering painting silver first, then applying the sticker as a mask, and then painting the rest of the cap gunmetal, then removing the sticker.

Low tack vinyl is the way to go.

I tried out one of the stickers on a flat 60mm center cap, and it fit perfectly. Either my ruler is off by 1mm, or the cap I used is slightly small. I ordered another set of stickers in silver/black, and stuck with 60mm.

Great I ordered the same 60mm Silver/Black still waiting for the stickers and my Rial Luganos with Xice. Only driving the car in 35+ Degree weather with no snow on the roads.

I ordered black-on-silver stickers from 3DCarStickers for silver Rial Luganos. I ordered 58mm so that the stickers wouldn't hang over the 1mm bevel on the edges… I asked them to use the "new" T logo with the thicker cross bar on the T from http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14873&d=1358649465.

The stickers arrived today, just in time for delivery tomorrow! The size is perfect for the Rial Lugano caps. I ordered 58mm and they are actually about 57.3mm, but they just nicely cover the domed part of the cap without hanging over the beveled sides. However, I had trouble getting the edges to stick because of the "dome". I could bend them enough to stick down but then after a few minutes they popped up so that only the center was still stuck. I ended up using double-sided tape (the clear rubbery 3M stuff) and I think they'll hold now.

And the "silver" colour is really a very pale grey. For me it's OK 'cause the car is white.

Here are the stickers on the white backing so you can see the colour:

T-cap-1.jpg

And the finished product:

T-cap-3.jpg

T-cap-4.jpg

I received my Silver on Black background 3DCarstickers, and applied them to my titanium gunmental Rial spare center caps from Tire Rack. They look fantastic. As Peter_M experienced, it is difficult to apply them to the silver Rial center caps, because those already include an embossed metal dome applique. The spare titanium caps are different, with a much lower profile, and no metal dome. The 60mm diameter 3DCarSticker fits perfectly. I also tried several different flat and blank 60mm caps off of eBay, but none of them fit to my satisfaction...some were too tight, and others rattled.

As mentioned above, the silver is more a light grey with a slight optical reflection gradient, but it looks good on the T. White or Red would look great also.

Apologies for the low-quality iPhone pics in low light, but here is what they look like:

3DCarStickers - Silver on Black 1.JPG
3DCarStickers - Silver on Black 3.JPG
3DCarStickers - Silver on Black Close 2.JPG

If you want to order this configuration, here are the links:

Custom design center cap stickers ― Online shop 3D wheel center caps

Specify that you want 60mm diameter stickers, using the NEW Tesla logo with the thicker T bar on top, silver (or white or red) T on a black background. Cost is 15.99 + $3 shipping, and it takes two full weeks to arrive from the Ukraine.

Order the spare set of titanium Rial caps from TireRack, click on the Optional Hardware tab, the caps are $6 each. The description says "Rial titanium center cap - 60mm diameter (Wheel Original)", but they are NOT the same silver metal embossed caps that come installed on the wheels:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=LU85932T725TG&wheelMake=Rial&wheelModel=Lugano&wheelFinish=Titanium+Gunmetal&showRear=no&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+S&autoYear=2012&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=Rial&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

So for $50 you have a very nice set of center caps. A little pricey for Winter Wheels, but they do look sharp!

JakeP I wanted to thank you personally your posts have been very helpful. I also just received my silver on black 60mm Center cap stickers. I also followed your instructions for ordering the extra center caps from tirerack. My Rial Lugano Wheels with IceX tires just got shipped. My P85 has been sitting in the garage for the last few weeks after I got it since I couldn't drive in the snow with Summer Performance Wheels. Can't wait to get these on the car and start enjoying the car.