Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200,000+ Mileage Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one negative? My remaining mileage is WRONG! If I hit 31 miles left on the Dash, the car will stop. Out of juice.

that's interesting! Thanks for sharing. So a full charge is 170 miles minus the 31 when it shuts down? That would be 25% degradation. Sounds too high to be true. Can you elaborate?

I have 160 k miles and 10% degradation. Mine is an 85 though

My full VIN is 5YJSA1E19GF176175. My point stands. VINs aren't sensitive information. If they were, the wouldn't be emblazoned under the windshield of literally every car on the road.
Not a valid VIN, unless if you car is like a few days old. It's a bug in Tesla's software. I've notified them about it but haven't received a response. If I was able to accidentally find this, I'm sure other people have too.

I don't think there are many of us, but I drive 1,000 miles a week. I passed the 200,000 mileage point,
so I thought I would share info on my small worn-out 60 battery.
Congrat! for the 200 k miles mark and thank you for providing all the consumption information at the kWh.
When you get chance, if you don't mind sharing, could you also give your experience with tires,
like brand used and mileage on then. I think that one of the most critical maintenance point for EVs in general.

Congrat! for the 200 k miles mark and thank you for providing all the consumption information at the kWh.
When you get chance, if you don't mind sharing, could you also give your experience with tires,
like brand used and mileage on then. I think that one of the most critical maintenance point for EVs in general.

I only have 160k miles but if you are interested here are my thoughts on tires. Tire rotation is something I have never ever done on my Model S. It is probably a good idea because on the Model S the rear wheels the camber angle can't be adjusted and they are always leaning in a little. Camber angle - Wikipedia The inside of the tire will get a little more wear.

The recommended Michelin MXM4 Primacy are my favorite tires. They are a very good compromise between grip and longevity. I tried a few different ones (Pirelli, Goodyear, Hercules) but they didn't last as long and had less grip. You can definitely get performance tires with better grip but they will last far less. With reasonable driving I get about 40-45k miles out of a set of the MXM4. But take that with a grain of salt like every time someone tells you how long their tires last. It depends very much on their driving style and road conditions. Some roads are rough and you can literally hear how the tires get worn down and there are roads where the car seems to virtually glide. In the end tires on an EV are no different than any other car. Drive carefully and everything on your car will last longer, not just your tires.

Please, how many tires sets on a Tesla for those with 200k+ miles? I own several ICE cars to have gone through sets in its lifetime.
When I first started shopping, Discount Tire did not have any tires for the Tesla. Now they have plenty. I always get tires with at least a 40,000 mile warranty - so I won't have to pay full price on the next set. After getting the best alignment you can get on your car, you should be able to get over 30,000 miles per set of tires. Balance & Rotate every 5,000 miles. This has allowed me to get by on 6 sets plus original.

Since I have had 6 sets of tires (most of them different tires each time,) I thought I would share which ones I like. I do NOT work for a tire place or get any kick-backs, so these are my recommendations as of today.

First choice (& best rated according to Discount Tire,) Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S 50k mileage warranty $159.45
Second choice (better rated) Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 H452 50k mileage warranty $128.74
Third choice (best rated) Pirelli P Zero Nero AS 45k mileage warranty $192.52

These are my opinions based on most miles per set, & performance.

Reactions: David99
Since I have had 6 sets of tires (most of them different tires each time,) I thought I would share which ones I like. I do NOT work for a tire place or get any kick-backs, so these are my recommendations as of today.

First choice (& best rated according to Discount Tire,) Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S 50k mileage warranty $159.45
Second choice (better rated) Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 H452 50k mileage warranty $128.74
Third choice (best rated) Pirelli P Zero Nero AS 45k mileage warranty $192.52

These are my opinions based on most miles per set, & performance.

I just bought the Michelin MXM4 Primacy for my 2016 S. Too early to tell, but they seem to have a bit more rolling resistance than did my originals, which only lasted 22,000 miles. I am curious as to why you most prefer the Yokohama ADVAN Sport. Certainly less expensive then the Michelins. Any take on rolling resistance, quiet ride?