Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was mentioned in another thread in the chassis section that all 2012 cars were Signatures, and that all Signatures were P85 or the performance variety. I was not aware nor am I sure that that is the case anyone know? It may well be the case that all cars produced in 2012 were Signatures, but I don't know that they were all P85 performance models.

It was mentioned in another thread in the chassis section that all 2012 cars were Signatures, and that all Signatures were P85 or the performance variety. I was not aware nor am I sure that that is the case anyone know? It may well be the case that all cars produced in 2012 were Signatures, but I don't know that they were all P85 performance models.
I can believe the bit about all being signatures, although I know there were a few non-sigs delivered before the last of the (US) sigs. I just can't remember when that happened. The Signatures were all "fully loaded", basically the price included all the options, and the 85 kWh battery, but not the performance upgrade. I think it was possible to get a non-P sig, but I am not aware of anyone who did. I just found the original invoice, we paid $105400 for "Model S Signature Performance", $1500 for sunroof, extra for the custom paint, and that's all. This seems to contradict my belief... maybe they were all P85.

I can believe the bit about all being signatures, although I know there were a few non-sigs delivered before the last of the (US) sigs. I just can't remember when that happened. The Signatures were all "fully loaded", basically the price included all the options, and the 85 kWh battery, but not the performance upgrade. I think it was possible to get a non-P sig, but I am not aware of anyone who did. I just found the original invoice, we paid $105400 for "Model S Signature Performance", $1500 for sunroof, extra for the custom paint, and that's all. This seems to contradict my belief... maybe they were all P85.

I'm certain that there are non-performance signatures out there because I have one.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
I have a non-P Sig as well.

The Sig options were Performance, Pano roof, and rear-facing seats. I believe the prices were $10k (pretty sure on that), $1500 (positive on that; it's on my sticker) and $1500 (least sure on this one).

We got the pano roof, but no Performance or the rear-facing seats.

I too remember that some non-sigs were delivered before all sigs were; but I can't remember if only sigs shipped in 2012. We got ours in Sept 2012.

As for ride quality: the Model S is definitely not the plushest car I have been in. But for the level of performance it offers, I think it's pretty good. I am perfectly happy with it. This is hard though, because not only do people have different backgrounds and expectations, but the cars can vary with age, suspension, wheels, tires, etc.

Last edited:
I have a non-P Sig as well.

The Sig options were Performance, Pano roof, and rear-facing seats. I believe the prices were $10k (pretty sure on that), $1500 (positive on that; it's on my sticker) and $1500 (least sure on this one).

We got the pano roof, but no Performance or the rear-facing seats.

I too remember that some non-sigs were delivered before all sigs were; but I can't remember if only sigs shipped in 2012. We got ours in Sept 2012.

As for ride quality: the Model S is definitely not the plushest car I have been in. But for the level of performance it offers, I think it's pretty good. I am perfectly happy with it. This is hard though, because not only do people have different backgrounds and expectations, but the cars can vary with age, suspension, wheels, tires, etc.

That's how my car is optioned. The cars that I test drove were actually years newer than the one I wound up purchasing. I can recall them being somewhat more compliant in terms of ride and all had 19 inch wheels. That was my expectation when I picked up my 2012 CPO, but the reality was much different the suspension is extremely stiff and many here have commented that perhaps It is worn out in some way or there are failing Parts I can assure you such is not the case, the car is in excellent condition. I still have the "Tesla Grin" however because ride quality not withstanding, the car is outstanding in its performance in other areas which prompted me to buy one in the first place and it's even gotten better since I got it... I got one update! The update was rather insignificant only dealing with supercharger information on face value but considering all of the other updates that I've ever gotten to any other used car that I purchased in my lifetime which total zero, I'd say that it's outstanding.

In addition to my wife's 2012 S85, we have a 2015 P90DL. In the winter, they have the same tires (Pirelli Sottozero 3) on 19" wheels.

The 2015 handles better, because it has AWD and better rear bushings (and who knows what else). But the 2012 rides a little smoother and quieter than the 2015.

• Helpful
Reactions: tccartier
I just purchased CPO 2012 Signature Performance Model S # #0905, P85 Multi-Pearl with White Leather, 24,557 miles. I will not be able to take delivery for about 4-6 weeks while it is going through Tesla's CPO revamping process. I had been waiting for performance white on pearl to come around in the CPO; I had to take the leap with the low miles.

I just purchased CPO 2012 Signature Performance Model S # #0905, P85 Multi-Pearl with White Leather, 24,557 miles. I will not be able to take delivery for about 4-6 weeks while it is going through Tesla's CPO revamping process. I had been waiting for performance white on pearl to come around in the CPO; I had to take the leap with the low miles.

You're going to love it. I have the same combo on mine. It's ultra rare. Does yours have Carbon Fibre?

Reactions: jmitchell

I am the original owner of a 2012 P85 that is not a sig.

• Informative
Joining the club with #0371. Sig Red w/ Tan interior. Car looks great and we're loving it! It's interesting to note that even though the car is five years old, it still feels ahead of it's time with all of the thoughtful design touches. Unbelievable that to this day the other car mfg. haven't caught up...

Joining the club with #0371. Sig Red w/ Tan interior. Car looks great and we're loving it! It's interesting to note that even though the car is five years old, it still feels ahead of it's time with all of the thoughtful design touches. Unbelievable that to this day the other car mfg. haven't caught up...

Welcome to the club! I like you, am enjoying the crap out of my Model S. These cars are fantastic I always keep thinking that all cars should be like this. Never do I feel as if I'm driving a five year old car. It is the most intuitive and engaging Driving Experience I've ever had. I will never go back to a gasoline burning car again. I may not always drive Tesla depending on what else comes to Market but I certainly will never drive another ICE burner again.

... I will never go back to a gasoline burning car again. I may not always drive Tesla depending on what else comes to Market but I certainly will never drive another ICE burner again.

Ya know...I completely understand the feeling. The lack of noise as the Model S silently and effortlessly glides on the road to speed, no fumes or cacophony of mechanical effort being made. It really feels futuristic. Then I look at the lack of regularly scheduled maintenance, vs. an ICE, and I think what a timesaver. All in all, it's pretty awesome.

We just picked up our third Signature (VIN S02017) in Montreal. The Canadian Sig series VIN suffix started with "02", then the three digit sequence number, so we have the 17th VIN in the Canadian Signature run.

Tesla started the revamp at the end of July, so over two months wait (Yikes!). However, the car has been restored to amazing condition, with numerous upgrades and cosmetic detailing. Our drive from Montreal back to PEI in this five year old car felt like we were driving a new one -- better, actually, than our other two since there were more upgrades. We couldn't be more pleased with the results of our long wait.

We just picked up our third Signature (VIN S02017) in Montreal. The Canadian Sig series VIN suffix started with "02", then the three digit sequence number, so we have the 17th VIN in the Canadian Signature run.

Tesla started the revamp at the end of July, so over two months wait (Yikes!). However, the car has been restored to amazing condition, with numerous upgrades and cosmetic detailing. Our drive from Montreal back to PEI in this five year old car felt like we were driving a new one -- better, actually, than our other two since there were more upgrades. We couldn't be more pleased with the results of our long wait.

I have Sig number 28 in Canada.

What upgrades did you get? Mine came with Red Calipers, OEM Centre Console and I got upgraded to the Suede dash when they did the airbag recall due to some damage by a technician.

Any veteran owners out there with older cars Circa 2012 2013 perhaps that can answer this. My car is capable of saving a driver profile and associating it with either key fob one or key fob two, why doesn't it reset itself to that profile when the car sees the key approaching and unlocks?

Tesla Service told me that my car is not capable of setting a driver profile based on an approaching key fob or the key fob used to unlock the vehicle but I wonder why
IMG_20171023_160115422.jpg
I have the options on my screen

Any veteran owners out there with older cars Circa 2012 2013 perhaps that can answer this. My car is capable of saving a driver profile and associating it with either key fob one or key fob two, why doesn't it reset itself to that profile when the car sees the key approaching and unlocks?

Tesla Service told me that my car is not capable of setting a driver profile based on an approaching key fob or the key fob used to unlock the vehicle but I wonder whyView attachment 255744 I have the options on my screen

Well, mine has definitely done this after I open the door. Seems to have forgotten a few times and I know I've set it up at least twice. So not really conclusive for you; it has done it and it has also not done it.... technology...

• Helpful