Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We won’t get any of the newer games due to really old MCU processing/GPU power. Of course Tesla won’t directly tell us this because EVERYTHING IS A SECRET. All I’m asking for is full disclosure when I’m reading the release notes. What does “minor improvements and bug fixes” mean on these older, nonAP cars?

Well I still don't have any AM FM or XM tuners, everything is either in your favorites list or direct tune.

Also somewhere along the line the ability for me to play music from USB sticks stopped working. I'd much rather stuff like this gets fixed instead of ridiculous whoopee cushion sounds and century old Atari games

• Informative
Reactions: Hank42 and SigRed12
There’s a local dealership selling a sig red model s, I tried buying it, unfortunately they want 41k for it
I tried reasoning with them but they won’t budge. According to them they have a “one of a kind” vehicle that’s garnered interest from people all over the country.

Obviously it's not "one of a kind" since @tccartier and I both have one; but it is a rare find indeed. I'd have to say, the non-AP cars are 100% electric cars for those that just love to drive without all the bells and whistles. When the time comes that the bells and whistles don't try to kill me, then I might make the switch. Until then, I am, and always will be, in control of my vehicle.

Btw, if that car so interested in ppl all over the country, why is it still for sale? Just sayin'

Reactions: tccartier and AMPd
iPhone music cuts in after phone call
Not sure if this has been reported before or if anyone else has experienced this.

If the TESLA is media is on radio station for example, my iPhone music will go to play mode and run on my phone in the background. The iphone playback seems to be triggered when entering the car. It becomes apparent with TESLA hands free phone call after hanging up; I briefly hear the iPhone music before the TESLA media system reverts back to originally select media source.
I'm thinking this is related to the "older" Model S or not ?

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
Not sure if this has been reported before or if anyone else has experienced this.

If the TESLA is media is on radio station for example, my iPhone music will go to play mode and run on my phone in the background. The iphone playback seems to be triggered when entering the car. It becomes apparent with TESLA hands free phone call after hanging up; I briefly hear the iPhone music before the TESLA media system reverts back to originally select media source.

Don't know that I can be of any help on that one. I have seen numerous glitches some that I can repeat others that just seemed to be one-off anomalies. I do not however have an iPhone so perhaps I shouldn't even respond. But I can say that I've never seen that type of behavior with my paired Android device at least to date.

This has been a problem for a long time. The issue is that the mcu will start autoplaying music on your iPhone when you connect. That's the actual source of the problem. what you are noticing is that when you hang up your phone will broadcast the music for a second until the MCU switches back to the audio source before your call. If you use Siri you can tell her to stop playing music each time you drive your car. Or you can press the stop button on your phone. If your iPhone music is in the cloud you will be using your data while it is playing even if your not listening.

Tesla or Apple should be able to patch this issue. However it's been a long time, at least 9 months and no fix has been issued by either afaik.

I'm pretty sure this problem is global across all Tesla models, S X 3, maybe not roadster... Probably Roadster 2, Y, and pickup for my guess.

Any signature owners get V10 yet? I know that it's in the wind, not sure that it's going to do much for older cars such as ours. But I could use the homelink on my app. Not sure that much else in the update would really help vintage signature cars :).

maybe we'll get surprised and V10 will actually be a reversion to like v 7 or 8 for us. Yeah wishful thinking, I know. but not to beat a dead horse of course but, version 9 is actually the first update that made my car worse than it was when I got it.

Just got 2019.32.12.2 it still appears that pre autopilot cars don't get the homelink functionality through the app.. Bummer I was hoping that this update to version 10 would have it but it does not. Has anyone else seen it in the classic cars?

Has anyone of us classics had their MCU lock up due to the eMMC issue? And now I need to look up what you mean by homelink in the app, just so I can be disappointed again. :(

[edit] Looks like Homelink from the app is only for those with FSD (maybe even EAP). Would be nice to be able to open the/close from anywhere when my car is within range of the garage door. Just makes me wonder what physical limitation our classics have that prevents this and window venting.

Last edited:
Homelink in the app has been available to everyone with any kind of AP since 2015. They broke the button free from AP so it should work for every car, they just excluded us because they always will exclude us.

Many people have had EMMC failures. It's a big issue that won't hgo away because Tesla is still writing the logs too much trying to kill the EMMC chip.

Homelink in the app has been available to everyone with any kind of AP since 2015. They broke the button free from AP so it should work for every car, they just excluded us because they always will exclude us.

Many people have had EMMC failures. It's a big issue that won't hgo away because Tesla is still writing the logs too much trying to kill the EMMC chip.
Ours emmcs went out and we had both of our cars emmc replaced. We got the black screen of death.
SIg car #596

Just picked up 688, love it that there are 2 or 3 other in AZ. Mine looks like new, can't believe that it's 2012. @tccartier @shrink

588 was in the 2019 Electric Light Parade in Phoenix on Saturday. Got a little airtime on the local TV broadcast:

9BCB5B84-0E43-4318-8C2A-AF7EDBD1CA5F.jpeg
View attachment 486344

Attachments

• 2999EEAE-806B-4ACF-82EE-383075A1F39C.png
    2999EEAE-806B-4ACF-82EE-383075A1F39C.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • Love
Reactions: Cowby and gaswalla