Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 Gets a 2017 facelift using OEM parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great Job! Did you get the under belly shield/Aeroshield? Also you can use a honeycomb grill to add to the bumper

Yes a under belly shield, the lower valance has been installed. I got a honeycomb grill, but I think that needs to be put before the bumper is installed, they installed a mesh grill. It looks good. Here are some pics of the finished look.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 391
Reactions: Dsancho
Looks great! Did you make a custom bracket for the hood latch?

Does the under tray need swapped to the newer model?.. or are you able to make the original fit?
The guys at the body shop cut the double loop latch, shortened it and welded it back. That is the only modification that needed to be done, for a single motor version, don’t know about dual motor.

The shape of the under tray - valance is different from the pre-facelift bumper. We need to install a new one.

Hi new to this site just bought my 13. Model s I'm changing bumper from I got a 16 bumper can someone tell me phone number or Tesla site to order thanks Greg
You can also order the parts in the app. Select "service" > "schedule service > "other" > and then list the parts you need with the part # as well as name of the part. There's a running google work doc somewhere on this thread that lists the parts as well.

We / EVFIXME were thinking of putting a Refresh front bumper package for the Tesla community to buy.
Maybe first package will be the refreshed bumper and the second package will be the refreshed bumper and hood.
Hopefully will have it up soon.
I would love to do this. I purchased parts from Tesla, but I'm not sure what is missing. I simply want the fit to be exactly like the current front nose. Not sure whose part list I should get. My concern after your review of the parts list is that everything will not fit perfectly. Can you assist with the part list you would use?

I would love to do this. I purchased parts from Tesla, but I'm not sure what is missing. I simply want the fit to be exactly like the current front nose. Not sure whose part list I should get. My concern after your review of the parts list is that everything will not fit perfectly. Can you assist with the part list you would use?

Which parts have you already bought?

This is what you need:

New front bumper
1056386-00-F - T-BADGE, FR FASCIA (The new Tesla badge) ($28)
1061331-00-B - FASCIA SUPPORT BRACKET (New bracket for the bumper, left) ($15)
1061332-00-B - FASCIA SUPPORT BRACKET (New bracket for the bumper, right) ($15)
1062472-00-F - T BADGE SUPPORT (Support bracket for the V shaped grille piece and logo) ($44)
1065233-00-D - V-BAR SUB ASSY (The chrome V shaped grille piece) ($90)
1056376-00-C - LWR VALENCE, FR FASCIA (New underheld aero/skid plate) (~$100)

Then you can get the lower mesh grille or buy some universal piece and cut it to fit.

A 3D printed gap filler made by someone on here makes the hood gap smaller.

Which parts have you already bought?

This is what you need:

New front bumper
1056386-00-F - T-BADGE, FR FASCIA (The new Tesla badge) ($28)
1061331-00-B - FASCIA SUPPORT BRACKET (New bracket for the bumper, left) ($15)
1061332-00-B - FASCIA SUPPORT BRACKET (New bracket for the bumper, right) ($15)
1062472-00-F - T BADGE SUPPORT (Support bracket for the V shaped grille piece and logo) ($44)
1065233-00-D - V-BAR SUB ASSY (The chrome V shaped grille piece) ($90)
1056376-00-C - LWR VALENCE, FR FASCIA (New underheld aero/skid plate) (~$100)

Then you can get the lower mesh grille or buy some universal piece and cut it to fit.

A 3D printed gap filler made by someone on here makes the hood gap smaller.
Here is the parts list I bought. Keep in mind, I did buy the new hood and will need a striker. I have a 2012 Model S. Do you know where I can get a modified striker that will work with my 2012 latch?

Attachments

• Model S Front Nose Refresh Parts List (from Tesla).pdf
    121.8 KB · Views: 155