Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85D worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a 2014 P85D with ~70k miles on it. It has all of the upgrades when new apart from the rear facing seats.

- 85kwh battery was replaced 2021
- rear drive unit replaced 2021
- MCU2 upgraded

What is this worth? In my research I’ve seen similar cars go for $25k, is the new batter, drive unit and MCU worth an extra $10k premium?

Thanks!

Reactions: GSP and El joe
I found a 2014 P85D with ~70k miles on it. It has all of the upgrades when new apart from the rear facing seats.

- 85kwh battery was replaced 2021
- rear drive unit replaced 2021
- MCU2 upgraded

What is this worth? In my research I’ve seen similar cars go for $25k, is the new batter, drive unit and MCU worth an extra $10k premium?

Thanks!

"All the upgrades" but you didn't mention Ludicrous. That's a game changer. Also, the battery replacement is meaningless if it is a reman which is likely if it is a true 85 battery. If it is the new 350v 90 then performance will be slightly cut back due to the lover voltage.

you MUST check the battery label.. if it's 350volts, then it's a new battery with modern Tesla chemistry and is likely to last 10+ years although you will have suspension issues among other issues. probably worth 25-27k
If the battery says 400v, it is a refurbished battery that will last 3-5 years MAX after it was installed.. Car is worth around 14-17k, (bc of the upcoming 20k cost amortized over 4 years)

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP and canasion35
you MUST check the battery label.. if it's 350volts, then it's a new battery with modern Tesla chemistry and is likely to last 10+ years although you will have suspension issues among other issues. probably worth 25-27k
If the battery says 400v, it is a refurbished battery that will last 3-5 years MAX after it was installed.. Car is worth around 14-17k, (bc of the upcoming 20k cost amortized over 4 years)
That is SUPER helpful, they mentioned the battery was replaced with a 90kwh battery so I’ll have to find out the serial number to see if it’s 350v.

Reactions: gaswalla