Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.42.1 94435ee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully this one doesn't cause any new issues and has a full rollout.... it was a fun weekend! :cool:
i'm still way behind at 2017.36 1b27c6d with AP1, maybe that's a good thing? idk...

can't wait for a couple small things like easy exit on the steering wheel and camper mode. i don't have AP2, but if i did i would want my car to pass the cars in front of me all by itself. :D

Let's see if this is the fix for the various 17.42 issues with Steering Assist and SAS (and also Homelink previously!).

TeslaFi reports two cars, in Canada, so far.

Do you sleep or work even? LOL, you are ahead of me by hours and I feel like I am way overboard on my forum tracking and interactions and associated firmware tracking.

FE96515E-A943-4765-80D7-023ED9520D41.png Y’all are way behind, this update was released on Friday (10/20).

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
One thing I've noticed is that ev-fw seems to get stuck in your browser. I often start things up and think it's refreshed and it hasn't. I always make a point now to refresh that tab to be sure I have the current data! There has been one data point for 17.42.1 for a while today (and three on TeslaFi):

upload_2017-10-23_12-40-27.png

Do you guys get updates reliably via wifi? For example, .40 to .42? Do you have a super strong signal? I have to go to service center for updates and am wondering if a wifi extender to the garage is worth it. Any other secrets like scheduling your car to charge overnight?

Do you not have a good wifi signal? If the car can set up the VPN (it can login to the mothership), it should be fine. And wifi should be better than LTE. How strong does your wifi look on the MCU’s wifi signal indicator?

Charging shouldn’t be relevant. I have mine changing all the time as needed. Used to have an Apple AirPort Extreme for the whole house,’had a good signal in the garage, now have two Netgear Orbi’s to have a satellite closer and also to have the car on a guest network.

Do you guys get updates reliably via wifi? For example, .40 to .42? Do you have a super strong signal? I have to go to service center for updates and am wondering if a wifi extender to the garage is worth it. Any other secrets like scheduling your car to charge overnight?

Some people that never got an OTA update were told that their car didn't get marked as delivered in the Tesla system so it wasn't queued up for normal updates. You could always ask your SC to make sure that the car is properly marked as delivered.

Some people that never got an OTA update were told that their car didn't get marked as delivered in the Tesla system so it wasn't queued up for normal updates. You could always ask your SC to make sure that the car is properly marked as delivered.
Yep, that’s definitely a case if you have never OTA’d anything. You’d think the SC wouldn’t be able to install things either but perhaps different systems.