Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.44 - Whats in it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you have a Model S 75, right? You posted earlier that you just got it. I'll assume it's a 75.

I must say the D changes everything with respect to initial acceleration and the ability to put torque down so you might be missing out on some of that and thus not get the need for help modulating the throttle.

Also a 90D or 100D experience is radically different to that of a 75 RWD. Not to mention any of the P variants.

So perhaps your experience in your rear wheel drive, 75 kw battery isn't really indicative of all owners.

Also...why complain about an added feature? It's not like they neutered your throttle...they are giving you the option to self neuter for whatever reason you wish. Can't see the downside.
Not really complaining at all. Some people seem to be a bit overly sensitive. ;)

When I chomp down on the pedal in my lowly S75, to show passengers the acceleration, they are thrown back in their seats with the inevitable ‘whoa!’

you have a Model S 75, right? You posted earlier that you just got it. I'll assume it's a 75.

I must say the D changes everything with respect to initial acceleration and the ability to put torque down so you might be missing out on some of that and thus not get the need for help modulating the throttle.

Also a 90D or 100D experience is radically different to that of a 75 RWD. Not to mention any of the P variants.

So perhaps your experience in your rear wheel drive, 75 kw battery isn't really indicative of all owners.

Also...why complain about an added feature? It's not like they neutered your throttle...they are giving you the option to self neuter for whatever reason you wish. Can't see the downside.
The New 75 and 75D and the uncorked 75D is about the same speed as the 100D at around 4.2 - 4.3 seconds 0-60.

At first I thought chill mode was stupid. Now after trying it in different situations, it actually makes sense in certain context.

1.) Great for when you are in a parking lot area
2.) If your seat is adjusted real close. So the accelerator is more sensitive because you are putting more weight compared to If you had the seat all the way back and your leg is stretched out.

So I’d love a Auto chill mode when the car detects you are in a neighborhood or in a parking lot area. I have no use for high acceleration in those areas.

Reactions: pvazquez03
At first I thought chill mode was stupid. Now after trying it in different situations, it actually makes sense in certain context.

1.) Great for when you are in a parking lot area
2.) If your seat is adjusted real close. So the accelerator is more sensitive because you are putting more weight compared to If you had the seat all the way back and your leg is stretched out.

So I’d love a Auto chill mode when the car detects you are in a neighborhood or in a parking lot area. I have no use for high acceleration in those areas.

I agree only if in a parking lot, it's understandable BUT, I purchased a TESLA and want to rip it down the road, most of the time, LOL.

I agree only if in a parking lot, it's understandable BUT, I purchased a TESLA and want to rip it down the road, most of the time, LOL.

Yeah believe me I lose probably like 20 miles of range everytime I drive the car solely cause of my heavy foot. It’s super fun. But it is nice not having your neck snap back everytime you hit the accelerator in Chill mode.

When I see someone try to challenge me at a red light, I set it to standard and off like a rocket I go. Although most of the time I’m in standard anyways. Lately I’ve been using Chill mode more often than I thought I would. It is amazing in Autopilot for sure.

Yeah believe me I lose probably like 20 miles of range everytime I drive the car solely cause of my heavy foot. It’s super fun. But it is nice not having your neck snap back everytime you hit the accelerator in Chill mode.

When I see someone try to challenge me at a red light, I set it to standard and off like a rocket I go. Although most of the time I’m in standard anyways. Lately I’ve been using Chill mode more often than I thought I would. It is amazing in Autopilot for sure.

I love the performance of my car, and enjoy showing it off as some ppl try to pass me and can't, LOL.

With .44, I have gig time lane tracking in low speed situations.... I even tried autolane change at the end of this drive and you'll see car pops up on display as it passes, I think it's a clear precursor to autolane change on city streets once they get the side cameras working on the car representation in AP2

• Informative
Reactions: calisnow
Bummer about the egress/ingress mode being activated by park. I would have thought they would have activated it by opening the door.

Door open == easy entry mode.
Door closed == profile tied to fob.

So every day when I pull up to my daughters school to drop her off and pick her up and I go into park mode, it's going to activate the easy entry profile????? We put our cars in park a lot when picking up and dropping off passengers but it doesn't mean we're getting in or out. My Lexus activates the easy ingress/egress mode by opening the door.