Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.46 3387a54 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Thanksgiving! I drove 660 miles (227 kWh) yesterday. I'm on .46 and had zero disengagement across of all Indiana and Ohio aside from tollbooths and going to superchargers. I had two in Pennsylvania, and both were caused by me being defensive to aggressive drivers. It did really good even on the twisty-turny interstate in PA and definitely made the drive way easier. Only complaint was the hit-or-miss lane change initiation. It left some people behind me wondering why I wasn't just changing lanes already. All in all I was very happy.

Yeah that's it - the autopilot dev team is just screwing around and sending out updated versions with no code change - to screw with your head. 'Cause they have lots of free time on their hands. Yep.

Take it easy man. That was not my implication. @AnxietyRanger had it right. I don't think it is necessarily the case that AP updates have to come out every single minor build. Because more detailed change notes are not included, nobody knows for sure. Hell, in all of the ambiguity, people can't even agree if the nag behaviour was changed. Simply saying that it would be nice if Tesla could tell people.

I just applied this update (2017.46) to my 2017 MS and now my Autopilot and TACC are completely disabled. The icons do not appear on the screen and when I pull on the level, I get an error message stating "Cruise not available." I did a two button reset with no effect. Everything else works.

Has anyone had this happen after applying this update?

The service center has initiated something that allows me to report the issue to them for review via the car. I will be doing that shortly.

Needless to say, I am not happy. I am on Autopilot 90% of the time in my daily driving.

I made, unfortunately, the very same experience with the recent firmware upgrade on last Tuesday to 2017.46 3387a54. Neither reboot nor Power-Off has fixed the problem :( I've reported the problem immediately to Tesla but haven't heard anyhting since then... :(

I made, unfortunately, the very same experience with the recent firmware upgrade on last Tuesday to 2017.46 3387a54. Neither reboot nor Power-Off has fixed the problem :( I've reported the problem immediately to Tesla but haven't heard anyhting since then... :(
Well, I’m going to ask the perpetually annoying question that I can’t resist.... you double checked autosteer settings are enabled etc? And yes when someone loses their keys I ask, “where did you last put them?”

Out of curiosity, had you experienced any majorly negative AP experiences in prior versions? Curious if perhaps this new version is looking for some sensor/video data within some (tighter?) tolerance that it doesn’t like. Or perhaps they are actually measuring tolerances on some of the previously unused sensors/cameras and discovering something out of range and are consequentially disabling AP?
/totalSpeculation

Same problem here. Called into Tesla dealer on Wednesday and waiting to hear back. I'm also having issues with HomeLink again after this firmware update. It's getting really bad on these firmware updates. It's one step forward and two steps back every time!