Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.48 a774ed8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
I've just received and email saying:

"Software version 2017.48 a774ed8 was just detected on a Tesla Model X P100D with Autopilot 2 hardware. The highest previous version was 2017.46.12 566041d. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."

i'm posting this in the Model X forum for discussion, sorry if it's been already posted elsewhere!

• Informative
Reactions: shaark and IdaX
And seems to be a major push. I got the TeslaFi email at 3 PM or so ET. And my car seems to have downloaded it at the same time according to notifications. TeslaFi has at least 10 cars with it already.

What’s interesting is I never got any of the releases since 17.44 and I normally get each one within 48 hours of the first notification on TeslaFi. As noted, I got this one and around the same time as the first notification from TeslaFi.

So, could be a sum of all the recent releases’ testing? There were several in the last few days that weren’t widely available.

With no release notes, AP fine tuning? We’ll have to see.

And seems to be a major push. I got the TeslaFi email at 3 PM or so ET. And my car seems to have downloaded it at the same time according to notifications. TeslaFi has at least 10 cars with it already.

What’s interesting is I never got any of the releases since 17.44 and I normally get each one within 48 hours of the first notification on TeslaFi. As noted, I got this one and around the same time as the first notification from TeslaFi.

So, could be a sum of all the recent releases’ testing? There were several in the last few days that weren’t widely available.

With no release notes, AP fine tuning? We’ll have to see.

Yeah I'm still on 17.44 as well but my car has been either off wifi or on spotty wifi all day. I just stuck a hotspot in it and hope that it makes a difference.

I wish Teslafi would tell us what firmware the recipients were moving FROM.

That way we could tell if they are skipping 46s . . .
You can drill down if you have an account...

The two I randomly picked came from .42.

095B376E-AB98-48F8-A5F9-2C154D01AAED.png CCFA3AFA-A798-4F89-9A15-8BBABA7822F7.png

Reactions: pdx3181
Yeah I'm still on 17.44 as well but my car has been either off wifi or on spotty wifi all day. I just stuck a hotspot in it and hope that it makes a difference.
Mine had the ‘advantage’ of being home all day, as I was ‘carpooled’ to work today! I still have never been in the first TeslaFi wave. Have to see if that keeps up or not.

Reactions: chillaban
Mine had the ‘advantage’ of being home all day, as I was ‘carpooled’ to work today! I still have never been in the first TeslaFi wave. Have to see if that keeps up or not.
Yeah in my experience, be prepared to lose the lottery sometime too.

When I just got my 100D I was near the front of the deployment pack, within hours of TeslaFi announcements. But after .28, I got .34 and .42 as nearly the last (like I was the remaining 10% of the fleet or less). The wait was agonizing and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone :)

Reactions: boaterva
I’m also still on .42 for whatever it matters.

Still quite a few there...

If they are moving from 42 -> 48, looks like no pressing issues with 44/46. Perhaps.

Attachments

• DF119911-7399-4CEB-9BB4-C3F8AA9A7925.png
    DF119911-7399-4CEB-9BB4-C3F8AA9A7925.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 132
Just installed 2017.48 which showed up today. Release notes are the same as the .44 and .46. In the quick test I did, it appears streaming music is working better with this release - buffering faster and not encountering "loading error". This was a quick evaluation over 30 minutes just after installation. Not by any means a definitive proof it's fixed. But it definitely was working better for me over this short period.

My AP2.5 Sept '17 X100D was on 46.8 before upgrading today, and before that, was on 44.

Just installed 2017.48 which showed up today. Release notes are the same as the .44 and .46. In the quick test I did, it appears streaming music is working better with this release - buffering faster and not encountering "loading error". This was a quick evaluation over 30 minutes just after installation. Not by any means a definitive proof it's fixed. But it definitely was working better for me over this short period.

My AP2.5 Sept '17 X100D was on 46.8 before upgrading today, and before that, was on 44.
rain sensor?

No, the joke is that all of us Tesla owners with Autopilot 2 Hardware are anxiously awaiting the software update which will allow for auto sensing wipers. So I happened to speak the command to my car, as though it would work, just to see what might happen, and then the radio started playing, "It's raining men".... so I autopiloted anyway, and did a nifty right turn onto highway.... AND scene!
(Source)

Nothing but Clickbait. Don't fall for it.

I received the .48 update today and installed it this evening. I haven’t been back to the car yet to see what has changed. I went from .42 directly to .48.

Ironically I scheduled a service appointment today to bring my X75D in for a bad rattle on the driver’s door and for a software update to hopefully resolve the streaming radio problem. I’m still scheduled for next Tuesday, but I’m seriously hoping the streaming radio problem is now fixed!!!