Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No apology necessary.... because nope didn't do that.... primarily because when I went to the profiles menu, I didn't see anything new... just my existing profiles.

However... that was a quick run through at a stoplight, so I'll go look again.

Thanks for taking the time to answer what may turn out to be a very stupid question :)
To close this loop for anybody playing along at home:

The issue was indeed not having configured an Exit Profile. However you don't see an exit profile to configure unless you open an existing driver profile and select it to use the (currently non-existent) exit profile. Then one magically appears, and you can tweak it til your heart's is content.

Now, getting back IN the car and having it trigger my fob-linked normal driver's profile has seemed a bit wonky. I re-linked my profile to my fob, and have since had it trigger... but that also may be because I was expecting it to upon buckling my seatbelt (as that's the exit trigger), but it may have been the need to also put the car in drive mode...

To close this loop for anybody playing along at home:

The issue was indeed not having configured an Exit Profile. However you don't see an exit profile to configure unless you open an existing driver profile and select it to use the (currently non-existent) exit profile. Then one magically appears, and you can tweak it til your heart's is content.

Now, getting back IN the car and having it trigger my fob-linked normal driver's profile has seemed a bit wonky. I re-linked my profile to my fob, and have since had it trigger... but that also may be because I was expecting it to upon buckling my seatbelt (as that's the exit trigger), but it may have been the need to also put the car in drive mode...

so you have to set up a new profile called exit? when i looked last night there was a check box for easy entry under my driver profile...

I updated to 17.50.2.3bd9f6d a few days ago and just got around to enabling easy exit. When I pressed "save", a message "Regenerative braking has been improved - you may notice stonger regeneration" appeared on the center display.

Not sure anyone noticed or experienced this before. Makes me want to go for a drive ...

I updated to 17.50.2.3bd9f6d a few days ago and just got around to enabling easy exit. When I pressed "save", a message "Regenerative braking has been improved - you may notice stonger regeneration" appeared on the center display.

Not sure anyone noticed or experienced this before. Makes me want to go for a drive ...
That's really odd, the only reports I've seen so far is of people complaining their regen has gotten weaker - though I suspect it's just the cold weather and people are inappropriately putting it down to the firmware update.

I get this message whenever I switch driver profiles, so it's probably not new.

• Helpful
Reactions: jdw
so you have to set up a new profile called exit? when i looked last night there was a check box for easy entry under my driver profile...
Sorry, my bad... I was posting from memory. The profile that gets auto-created is indeed called "Easy Entry".

And it appears that pressing the brake is the trigger for switching back to your normal fob-linked profile. That's smart, because if it were buckling your belt, it could then strangle somebody's mid-section moving the seat back forward...

Did anyone receive an update failure for 50.2 but still have the car and the mobile app show 50.2 along with the car having the 50.2 functionality? Santa mode, improved east entry, etc.?

I did, the car and app push notification reported that the update failed. Both car and app show 50.2 and everything appears to work as expected including the santa Easter egg.

Seen several other threads on failures that weren’t. Wonder if it’s to do with the volume of updates checking in? Not sure how that could be but this is the first firehose release in a while where they have tried to get it out to most people over four or so days....

I did, the car and app push notification reported that the update failed. Both car and app show 50.2 and everything appears to work as expected including the santa Easter egg.

I called Tesla CS and they sent the update again today and failed again, so they're having the Engineering team take a look but at least all the features are working and that's what I care about.

Thanks

Reactions: boaterva
I called Tesla CS and they sent the update again today and failed again, so they're having the Engineering team take a look but at least all the features are working and that's what I care about.

Thanks
Definitely good to get it resolved, as this is where you get into ‘I haven’t gotten an update in months’ territory! :D

To add another comment to my previous theory, it just could be there are so many updates flying out, we are seeing all the failures at the same time. We usually don’t see the whole population updated in under a week!

Just spent 2 days driving over 1,000 miles with this new update. It doesn't seem to hold corners as well as before on my model X but generally tracks well on straights and gradual turns. Although it occasionally tried to take me onto a off ramp. I see auto lane change is back to kamikaze mode again. It's way too sudden in its initial move and a few times it dived my car well beyond the next lane.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: croman and Swift
Did anyone receive an update failure for 50.2 but still have the car and the mobile app show 50.2 along with the car having the 50.2 functionality? Santa mode, improved east entry, etc.?

Without touching the car, I looked through the driver's window at the IC and saw that failure message at about 40 minutes into the firmware update process. When I checked about 20 minutes later it was gone and the update for 50.2 had completed. That same kind of thing happened to me for another release many months ago.

Well I finally got 50.2 after being on 42 till now and while I really would have liked some AP related feature, I gotta admit the easy entry is really nice. What I was worried about was that it would go to easy entry mode if I took my seat belt off which I do while reverse parking but it waited until I moved it into P so it's not just when you remove your seat belt but the combination of it and P. I even got quite a kick out of hohoho, it was pretty amusing. Haven't driven enough to test the AP for any changes yet though.

Reactions: Joshnickell
Highway Driving in Snow:
I'm amazed that Tess drives when snow has mostly or totally covered the lines. That's with AP2 at 50 mph, day or night. However, it does not drive steadily and sometimes it misses the two black clear strips and drives on the snowy part! Scary. If the black strips have been solid for a while, it needs to ignore any paint lines it might see and drive steadily on the black strips like everyone else. Those strips are, in effect, the lines. That's a tough call because on some (snowy) corners all the vehicles cross over the painted lines while staying on the black strips. That works only if the black strips in the other lanes are distinct and reasonably separated from the strips of your lane.

In snow like that Tess drives a bit like she did long before "Silky Smooth" (May 2017) ... not well enough. I hope the software team can even turn that into 'silky smooth'.

I'm still enjoying Tess.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: daktari