Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chickenlittle, you are in NoVa?, i worked @ NIH, bldg 10, 49, 15K, few others. wife hand sequenced 46,000 bp both ways, from 91-94, XRay film, hand count, now do 3-4 yrs work in lazy afternoon, HGP on 6th flr bldg 49. big hoohaa! lotsa brainz. 40 -100 gigbit ring, fun times, totally surprised we were at speed of sequencing. punctuated unevenly distributed singularities, eh? check out fMRI and neural reads, no writes ...yet

a very simple answer is to look at the $4.66 rise in stock price today, the rise of the last 4-5 days, and do a scan of SA and whose short and how much they are panicking hurting

The shift in direction is interesting tough. I wonder if we're about to get some news on Solar Roof...

FWIW, the last time they were personally attacking me this much was during the three months leading up to December 2016, before the stock surged 100% in seven months.

Reactions: Ameliorate
Another degree of difficulty is that a road is not always flat. The lane lines show up in a 2D camera image, and the AI needs to interpret the 2D image into a 3D environment, if the road is tilting up or down, or in the case of cresting a hilltop, the road is tilting up and then down, so the perspective of the camera is constantly changing. IMO it's way more complex than to follow a line on a flat table.
Yes, but these guys do space. They must be able use an accelerometer signal and sort out radius of curvature as it crests from bumps.

The key point being offset from the center line construction. Rather than aim for the middle.

Did my work St. Louis Washington univ mdphd working on mRNA splicing in adenovirus at that time we had to isolate our own restriction enzyme which we would swap with other labs for others. None were commercially available. Primitive times
wife sequenced Gauchers syndrome, glucose 6 cerebrocidase portion, had a -->female<-- blue colorblind coworker!! and they noticed/found out knew gene for Metaxin overlaid and coded out in other direction, but not direct overlay, kinda overlay but 2 genes coding in opposite directions, eh, learned how to do endnote while typing thesis, wheehaw. i ran 3,400 node network. retired. co worker had ultra CF explode at 70K and slam dance for 20 minutes in fuge room:)\back to lurk
mdphd !!!! hats off, you have a life now?

Reactions: neroden
wife sequenced Gauchers syndrome, glucose 6 cerebrocidase portion, had a -->female<-- blue colorblind coworker!! and they noticed/found out knew gene for Metaxin overlaid and coded out in other direction, but not direct overlay, kinda overlay but 2 genes coding in opposite directions, eh, learned how to do endnote while typing thesis, wheehaw. i ran 3,400 node network. retired. co worker had ultra CF explode at 70K and slam dance for 20 minutes in fuge room:)\back to lurk
mdphd !!!! hats off, you have a life now?
I had a summer internship at Cambridge Uni, 1995, sequencing the TIMP gene promoter area. The fear when separating those sequencing plates, was palpable...right? Kids have no idea these days :)

If he drills under HW95, wouldn't he only need the DoT's approval?

Edit, then plus the last mile going to the city center, again it will be likely under public road (elevators go straight up to the road), so just need the city to approve.

IMO, directional boring, particularly at significant depths, is not as simple as it sounds. What, in your opinion, was the purpose of his tweet?

That is bizarre. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of jurisdictions whose written approval (and compliance with their specifications) would be required if the tube(s) were solely under publicly controlled right-of-ways. Passing under private property would be several orders of magnitude more complex. In the US, conventional (somewhat simplistic) real property law is that a landowner's sub-surface rights extend from the surface to the "core of the earth." http://scholarlycommons.pacific.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1141&context=facultyarticles

He's channeling someone else's gratuitous tweets who types before engaging gray matter. Focus on the M3 ramp is essential!
Elon Musk: I got 'government approval' for New York-DC Hyperloop. Officials: no he didn't

Long list of Gov. officials disputing Elon's claim.

I can understand adding the 7500 to the residual to calculate lease payments. Due to financing and insurance, they would not want to take the 7,500 off the sales price.
Then, at the end of lease, the bank can't say the residual is different that stated at the beginning of the contract. So you don't buy out the lease, then it reverts to the bank and is sold at the market value, possibly 15k less than original residual (7,500 from the adjust up in value and 7,500 from the credit the bank received).
If this is correct, leasing with the intent to buy doesn't make fiscal sense at this point. Yah?
No bank is a party in a direct lease. The only bank involvement is the Warehouse Line that funds the direct leases after-the-fact and are assigned certain rights.

I think it's referring to miles collected when autopilot is in use and even when it is turned off. So it's learning even when not in use, kind of like a 15-year-old sitting in the passenger seat might be watching what the driver does in various situations and even thinking of ways they could do it better. We're talking about auto pilot 3 here or whatever they call it, So when a human driver has to take control that's with autopilot 1 or 2, 3 is in the passenger seat sponging up all the info, it still hasn't been in the drivers seat yet. So if they can say auto pilot 3 ( which is been running in the background all the time doing a simulation) would have prevented this accident etc. if it was driving, that's how to demonstrate it's safer. So it's like having the old program actually being used in the cars right now, but the new one is in there logging what it would do if it were in control. So eventually the new one gets to a point where it's consistently making better decisions than the old one and better than the human too after 6B miles ( before imo, 6B is to prove beyond doubt). That's the plan as I understand it .

The bigger point too, is that once you get to significantly safer than a human, the question has to be raised is should it be mandated to be put in every car where it could save thousands of lives a year? I bet Tesla might even give the safety part of it away for free like Volvo gave away 3 point seat belts.

As I understand it, the system is not currently safer than a human driver. I just don't see how any of the current miles can go towards proving that it is safer than a human when it is in fact NOT safer than a human at this point in time.

Elon has previously stated that he thinks once we have a certain amount of mileage (I'm assuming this is the 6B mile figure) that shows it is at least twice as safe as a human driver, then we should be able to convince the regulators to sign off on it. I interpret this to mean as a clock starting after this capability has been achieved.

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.