Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Vehicle demand in Q4 was particularly strong. Q4 net orders for Model S and X, which were an all-time record for us, were 52% higher than Q4 2015 and 24% higher than our previous record quarter in Q3 2016."

This is the first time they mention "hard numbers" on demand? Or have i missed it the privous quarters?

24% QoQ demand growth and 52% YoY growth. :) Thats very good.

And we still are waiting for HUD, proven AP2.0 capabilities, crash test on Model X(?).. Lots of demand levers still in the medium to short term.

They still produced 80 something thousand cars in the year. To me that's success. Despite what the stock response will be.

Also, they are giving guidance that demand is good

Vehicle demand in Q4 was particularly strong. Q4 net orders for Model S and X, which were an all-time record for us, were 52% higher than Q4 2015 and 24% higher than our previous record quarter in Q3 2016.

• Love
Reactions: Runarbt and gene
22,200 Deliveries, 24,882 production. :(

Down 2% AH right now which seems pretty reasonable. It's a little concerning that once again unforeseen production challenges are the culprit. I'd like to see them get better at estimating these things, or getting back to under promising and over delivering.

Vehicle demand in Q4 was particularly strong. Q4 net orders for Model S and X, which were an all-time record for us, were 52% higher than Q4 2015 and 24% higher than our previous record quarter in Q3 2016.

This is nice to see, 24% more orders than Q3 when they seemed to pull all the levers including discounts. AP2 must be as compelling to others as it is to me. I'd much rather see strong demand and weak deliveries than the opposite. This miss will be forgotten quickly, onward and upward in 2017!

Shorts will try to spin this as disastrous. Reality is that Tesla is again short as it continues to explode in production and demand. Think a little bit of Osbourning took place.

This will be yesterday's new in a real hurry, IMHO.

"Vehicle demand in Q4 was particularly strong. Q4 net orders for Model S and X, which were an all-time record for us, were 52% higher than Q4 2015 and 24% higher than our previous record quarter in Q3 2016."

Well they pulled many demand triggers so I hope it was "particularly strong." AP2.0, end of free Super Charging, cost increase in the U.K. etc. They are going to run out of magic demand bullets except for price decreases in the near future IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.