Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true. Back then, the smartest person in the room was the one who shouted "GO LONG" the loudest. Anyone who said "I'm out. this feels like a top" quickly looked foolish. As @techmaven said, the intervening years have made us grow the appropriate caution.
I'm wondering if/hoping that we will have those days again.

I'm wondering if/hoping that we will have those days again.
This is a large, very heavily traded, "disrupting" company that has room to grow at 50% a year for many years to come, and they pretty much make only class leading products and services. Barring some major catastrophe/market crash, those times will come back, maybe sooner than it seems after the last year of slogging.
Which part of that statement is high risk though - having 100% of the account be TSLA or selling some now?
Not being diversified is the worst because you're breaking one of the most important rules in the book for long term investing (don't keep your eggs in one basket), but for trading or shortish term stuff, sometimes NOT having all those eggs in one means you miss out on a lot of omelets. I hate being un-diversified but with Tesla I think it makes some sense if you can stomach some sustained low-tides in order to get in on the tsunamis.

Looking at the chart today, the 1mo, 3mo, and year long charts all show about a 15% gain. Not sure how much I would read into it but it's nice to see that continuity.

Solar marketing in Tesla brick-and-motar stores.

Guys, I haven't wandered into a Tesla store recently, do the have a Solar section of the store yet? I'm guessing No.

I remembering hearing that Tesla will redesign the store layout soon'ish

TIA

One date point: The KOP (King of Prussia, PA) store and Devon, PA store/SC had NO 'solar sections' as of last week. There was an abandoned Solar City kiosk just outside the KOP store entrance.

• Informative
Reactions: FredTMC

Guys, I haven't wandered into a Tesla store recently, do the have a Solar section of the store yet? I'm guessing No.

TIA
There is a brand new store opening soon at Canary Wharf (financial district in London) - I will take a look as soon as it is open and report back....

Not being diversified is the worst because you're breaking one of the most important rules in the book for long term investing (don't keep your eggs in one basket).

I prefer the Warren Buffett quote of 'keep all your eggs in one basket, but watch that basket closely'. (Or was it Mark Twain? or Dale Carnegie? Anyway I like it)

TIA

I was at Home Depot yesterday. There was a Solar City saleswoman in a Solar City polo standing behind a Solar City desk/booth.

Well, they'll be quiet now at least until one of them blows their car up from excessive launching and Tesla doesn't cover the cost of fixing.

In the Electrek article they included this: "Electrek confirmed with Tesla that the part replacements will be covered by the warranty and they will try to proactively replace them before failure occurs for safety reasons and in order to avoid any inconvenience to the owners."

Same. And they were AGGRESSIVE...following people down aisles to talk to them. When they approached me I told them I drive a Tesla and I'm well aware of their services...thanks.
Yea same thing happened a month ago...I was wearing my Tesla hat & told the SCTY guy I already had panels & he still followed me around, he kept pushing the new Tesla solar roof tiles claiming they were coming out this summer blah blah blah, he kept nagging me for my address & email info, he finally left when I told him if he wanted to be useful he could help find a specialty lightbulb I had come in to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.