Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
US prices on the website are exclusive taxes and tariffs, so nothing gets eaten away. Elon is on the record that he wants no international markup. And price action of Tesla has always backed that up. There are no import tariffs on Tesla cars into Europe since they are considered European : they are assembled in Tilburg, not Fremont.

Again, please quote 'end price' of said 90D say in california, that goes for $114k in austria.
Actual total sum.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Scientists turn hydrogen into metal in breakthrough that could revolutionise the planet

Harvard have made metallic hydrogen. Possibility for room temperature superconducting magnets. Bring on plaid mode!

This has to be a great development for the electric car, renewables and space - ie, all things Tesla
Yeah, first they just need to figure out how to make metallic hydrogen without cooling it down to near zero Kelvin while also pressurizing it to thousands of bar of pressure...

(If it isn't utterly and completely obvious, this probably won't happen in our lifetimes, if ever.)

Again, please quote 'end price' of said 90D say in california, that goes for $114k in austria.
Actual total sum.

I don't have Austria in the online configurator so hopefully I am working with the same model as you. But a bare bones 90D is listed as $92 800 + $1200 delivery fee. Sales tax in California seems to be 7.25% so I would suspect the final price to be $100 728. Someone from California should verify.

Okay, that was a bit more interesting. Apparently, there's a hypothesis that metallic hydrogen might maintain it's metallic state at room temperature and standard pressure.

If the hypothesis is correct, then it's exciting, as it might mean we will see some applications for metallic hydrogen. Still, it requires 4,950,000 bar to make metallic hydrogen, so producing it in meaningful quantities would be a challenge.

Last edited:
Okay, that was a bit more interesting. Apparently metallic hydrogen once created requires a lot lower pressure to maintain it's metallic form.

Still, it requires around 4,950,000 bar to make metallic hydrogen, and around 1,250,000 bar for it to remain in metal form. For comparison, a high-pressure hydrogen storage tank that you would find in a hydrogen car maintians a pressure of 700 bar.
giphy.gif

I don't have Austria in the online configurator so hopefully I am working with the same model as you. But a bare bones 90D is listed as $92 800 + $1200 delivery fee. Sales tax in California seems to be 7.25% so I would suspect the final price to be $100 728. Someone from California should verify.

California Sales tax is 6%
Minimum Municipal Sales Tax 1.25%
Maximum Municipal Sales Tax 3.75%

Total Sales Tax varies from 7.25% to 9.75% in California.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Okay, that was a bit more interesting. Apparently, there's a hypothesis that metallic hydrogen might maintain it's metallic state at room temperature and standard pressure.

If the hypothesis is correct, then it's exciting, as it might mean we will see some applications for metallic hydrogen. Still, it requires 4,950,000 bar to make metallic hydrogen, so producing it in meaningful quantities would be a challenge.
A simple task for Thomas Jerome Newton (AKA Elon Musk)

I saw a mention on Reddit of a PW2 customer in Australia reporting that Tesla told him a shipment of PW2s is about to leave for Australia (see below). This is the first report I have seen of PW2 potentially being shipped in volume (not clear how much volume).

Perhaps Tesla is planning on geographic batching of PW2 deliveries, which would make a lot of sense if they want to maximize Q1 deliveries. It would also explain why we haven't seen PW2 delivery reports from US customers yet (or I should say I haven't)

Only one report but worth keeping an eye out for others.

IMG_0285.PNG

Last edited:
I saw a mention on Reddit of a PW2 customer in Australia reporting that Tesla told him a shipment of PW2s is about to leave for Australia (see below). This is the first report I have seen of PW2 potentially being shipped in volume (not clear how much volume).

Perhaps Tesla is planning on geographic batching of PW2 deliveries, which would make a lot of sense if they want to maximize Q1 deliveries. It would also explain why we haven't seen PW2 delivery reports from US customers yet (or I should say I haven't)

Only one report but worth keeping an eye out for others.

View attachment 212210

The German and Italian forums are also quite

Elon Musk and Donald Trump's budding bromance is capturing Wall Street's attention

"Mr. Trump and Mr. Musk appear to have other areas of overlapping interest as well. Mr. Musk has broached the subject of the nation's aging electricity transmission grid in conversations with Mr. Trump, according to an insider with knowledge of the discussions.

Mr. Musk has advocated a so-called smart grid and has said that eventually Tesla will offer grid services, such as batteries that can be added to the grid and paired with solar and wind farms. This is the kind of high-impact infrastructure project that Mr. Trump has supported."

Elon Musk and Donald Trump's budding bromance is capturing Wall Street's attention

"Mr. Trump and Mr. Musk appear to have other areas of overlapping interest as well. Mr. Musk has broached the subject of the nation's aging electricity transmission grid in conversations with Mr. Trump, according to an insider with knowledge of the discussions.

Mr. Musk has advocated a so-called smart grid and has said that eventually Tesla will offer grid services, such as batteries that can be added to the grid and paired with solar and wind farms. This is the kind of high-impact infrastructure project that Mr. Trump has supported."
Looking good... nothing like a strong public bond between your companies and a mental midget who is actively destroying any respect for the United States government... keep up the good work Elon!... and keep buying those shares Longs!...

next bump... looks like Monday off $248-$250 to $260... unless it all comes crashing down.

Ex-Mexican President Vicente Fox mocks Trump: He's a 'child'

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mmd and TMSE
His goal is humanity's long-term survival.

He recognizes that the biggest risk to that survival currently is our one and only planet. SpaceX is all about getting us a second planet running self-sufficiently. Tesla and SolarCity are all about prolonging the life of this planet long enough for SpaceX to achieve that.
OT (really OT)
read "Seven Eves" about 1/3 of the way through, Elon or an avatar, literally saves the remnents of humanity by using/stealing an atomic engine to bring in an ice comet from 1/2 across the solar system to boost the ISS to a higher orbit, dying in the process

Reactions: T3slaTulips

ok, then why the need for all the silencing? This is the latest one:

Trump administration silences the Department of Energy’s Sunshot team

WTF is going on in the inner circles of this admin? sigh........

Status
Not open for further replies.