Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cross posting from tsla market action
Analyst: Lots of different 'irons in the fire' with Musk & government
adam jonas on cnbc
Interesting. No one talked about SCTY, as if it never happened. The number oriented analysts have dropped the annual EPS estimate by ~$5 for 2017 and 2018.
Now that the GS analyst Patrick Archambault is gone, is Adam Jonas the only one in town for the next cap raise? He is trying his best right now. Can the next cap raise happen before Q4 ER?

This stuff is even on Forbs
Tesla Fires German Supplier, Says It's Not To
This stuff is even on Forbs
[URL='http://www.forbes.com/sites/bertelschmitt/2017/01/27/tesla-fires-german-supplier-says-its-not-to-please-trump/#297e614013a8']Tesla Fires German Supplier, Says It's Not To Please Trump

Please Trump[/URL]

Bertel Schmitt writes anti-Tesla gibberish for quite a while, but in a diabolical twist this article could actually hurt his cause of bad mouthing Tesla.

The interesting tidbit is that parts were due in September...

The foolish Iraq war you refer to was also initiated by unsophisticated amateurs I take it. Based on foolish invasions, seems we haven't had a non-amateur President for several decades.

Counting foreign policy experience alone the elder Bush was one of the ostensibly most qualified Presidents. It showed up with the first Gulf War--a multilateral response to a clear case of aggression. I made the case to a much more distinguished colleague than I, Bush might have trapped Saddam Hussein with the April Glaspie conversation later reported in full by the New York Times. Glaspie, our ambassador to Iraq, you will recall informed the Iraqi dictator "the USG takes no position on the dispute with Kuwait over the oil field you straddle." (Not exact quote, but close enough.) My more published colleague said, "they're not that smart." In large part the cause of the war was an artifact of the deliberate decisions made by the British and French in drawing boundaries in the Middle East.

Bush Two, on the other hand, was clearly unprepared though Candy Rice tried to bring him up to speed as much as possible before the election. Naively, like much of the Republican Establishment, I thought the selection of Dick Cheney wise at first because he was clearly an experienced hand. Unfortunately, he kept Candy at bay during the first administration and bamboozled State and the CIA into supporting invasion. Trump is wrong to criticize the CIA for faulty intelligence before the Iraq War. The professionals were clearly appalled, as were their counterparts at State, to see the Director seated at the UN right behind Colin Powell when he presented the case for war. Friends of Cheney have said his level of paranoia went up greatly as Vice President. They never knew him to be so before. I'm sure it did not help on 9/11 that he, his wife, and others were penned in the White House bunker where they endured for hours warning of a biological threat which turned out to be false.

Gear pump

A gear pump is a centrifugal pump with single or mounted gear transmission between the pump shaft and drive . A special design of the transmission high-pressure pump as a high speed pump for generating high delivery heads(to 1,000 m) at low flow rates and good efficiency is used. The centrifugal pumps for unusually high speed of 15,000 min -1 requires the use of normal electric motors with 2- or 4-pole design a transmission gear. Such a pump has a pump housing (inline design), open impeller with radial blades and inducers , two mechanical seals for sealing the pumped medium and gear oil as well as a radial and axial guide bearing for the sun shaft (center shaft) of the above-arranged transmission gear (power split transmission).

The on the transmission housing fixed flanged motor carries on its shaft end a coupling , which is meshed with the ring gear and in turn the planetary gears of the gear train drives. For a low-wear gear manufacturing quality, the lubrication are bearings and gears and the proper care of the lubricant for cooling and cleaning important. See fig. 1 gearbox pump

Like the too modest Johann says, I'm not so good at English. Could you translate this into American?:)

• Funny
Reactions: BornToFly
Except that who has ever heard of using pumps, in passenger cars for that purpose?

Apparently the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV does. See this video around the 7:00 mark for a good explanation.

In the case of the Bolt, it is dual purpose with lubrication and cooling, then the oil is fed through a heat exchanger mounted to the side of the drive unit where water based coolant carries out the heat from there.

Apparently the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV does. See this video around the 7:00 mark for a good explanation.

In the case of the Bolt, it is dual purpose with lubrication and cooling, then the oil is fed through a heat exchanger mounted to the side of the drive unit where water based coolant carries out the heat from there.

Thanks for posting that. I can imagine the President asking Mary Barra "Korea??? Why aren't American's making these motors?"
----------------------------------------
Today was a great day for TSLA, I thought we were genuinely in a multi-day fall, as often hits the stock. Today caused me to re-evaluate that assessment. After about noon it started bravely fighting its way upwards... I thought it will get back to where it opened and close unchanged... but no! It sprinted a little higher like some sort of icing on a cake, and then, it carried on up after-hours as if to confirm the run was real and not just some finite group of investor buys. I'm thinking it may re-test the $258 area as early as next week, and I'm sure they'll announce the ER date next week too, so perhaps we are going to see the run continue in anticipation. The "bromance" news item is probably baloney but doesn't hurt the stock... probably eliminates some bears. Adam Jonas' interview was helpful.

Spots of support for TSLA are breaking out all over CNBC.

Last edited:
Spots of support for TSLA are breaking out all over CNBC.

I'm happy to admit, I'm relatively new to the investing world - but being the information sponge I am, I think I've picked up a decent understanding of the workings of it, especially as it pertains to TSLA, the only stock I'm significantly invested in, and the only one I'm convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt still has up to a 10x valuation increase or more in store in the years to come.

To anyone like the majority of the people who've been paying attention on the board here, nothing has really changed about the wisdom of investing in TSLA at any point in the last 8 months. TSLA's value is almost entirely tied up in Model 3, to the point where nearly everything happening day-to-day right now doesn't matter at all.

Through the fall, while we were on the slide down to 180, all these analysts start cutting price targets and advocating selling. Now that we've had the meteoric rise of the last 2 months, they're starting to about face and raise price targets and advocate buying.

No wonder the unwashed masses that just blindly follow these idiots frequently lose money!

I don't know if we continue up from here to ATH and beyond, but I do know that buying anytime in November or December was a substantially better idea than buying now, and that ought to have been blindingly obvious to anyone who knew what they were talking about then. I considered utilizing a large-for-me line of credit I have access to in order to back up the truck even more than I already had. I chose not to, because I don't like being indebted, but it was a good idea, the profits would have outstripped the interest costs hugely.

Not primarily the Drive unit may but the motor plus the Drive unit.

...warning of a biological threat which turned out to be false.
The strange atmosphere of false claims surrounding the Cheney positions has close analogy to the current events, in my opinion. Both use false information to justify opinions they hold, but cannot prove. The extent to which science suffers similarly should give us all pause. This is nearing the US atmosphere on the mid-1950's, but with shared views among many people in many countries.

Strictly on topic, any denigration of science will harm TSLA long term. Short term I cannot conceive a better solution than searching for common ground with such powers as exist wherever TSLA does business selling or buying. That is a difficult dance, but inescapable anyway.

One major advantage for TSLA in this respect is one rarely mentioned. Elon Musk was born in Pretoria in the apartheid era and has lived in three countries. He intuitively understands political issues better than people who lack his diverse background. That's not to say others cannot do as well, but mono-culture resists cross-culture.

For those reasons I think TSLA will cope with the present global policy disarray quite well. OTOH, I devoutly hope that TSLA has unimaginably large key-man insurance on Elon Musk and J B Straubel.

I've been reading up on the recent lawsuit against Sterling Anderson, Aurora, and Chris Urmson.

This case is being litigated by John Hueston, an LA area attorney who has been named California Lawyer of the Year TWICE.

"He doesn't just win. He destroys." Los Angeles Times.

Anyway, this is a disgusting series of events. Quite unfair that Tesla's confidential data regarding Autopilot has been breached. Seems like the damages sought by Tesla could be immense but I'm only speculating. Aurora should add this to their list of funding needs.

The big question is this. What OEM would buy or form a collaborating with Aurora knowing that they are being sued by Tesla over stolen intellectual property? Traditional car companies are stupid, but not that stupid.

Last edited:
So, on a scale of 1 to 10 how mad are they about the cancellation of the order?

My guess is about 6-7.

Local newspaper discussed potential job loss, but put in in perspective. SHW has 400 m in sales annually and the 100 m contract was for 5 years, so only about 5 % of yearly sales. And not even their biggest contract. They are now sorting out how they will proceed further.

SHW verliert Auftrag – Auswirkungen unklar

Status
Not open for further replies.