Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 7.09.24 PM.png

downtrend and uptrend convergence tomorrow + bull flag + green premarket (so far)... make it so... $258+... or bust.

Even if this was true, for every cancellation from a Trump protestor, Elon gains a sale from a Trump supporter. Nice try shorts.. feeling some pain lately?

Tesla buyers are mostly liberal types with an awareness of environment. Most of Tesla's sales are in California (> 40%) which is a massively democratic state, not in the rust belts where Trump got his electorral votes (assuming no role played by Putin :) ). How many electric cars do we see in the Trump states? I think, the Model 3 reservation holders are from similar demographics as Model S buyers, except less money in their pocket.

That said, it would be really interesting if someone starts a poll in the Model 3 thread to gauge this. Tesla won't release any numbers about this.

• Disagree
Reactions: madodel
In the Gigafactory1 opening video, Elon and JB make reference to 150 gwh by "about 2020", but do not break down the ratio of storage to cars.

Tesla Gigafactory Grand Opening

The complete quote regarding the 150GWh output (11:56) is ''... as we get couple years later past 2020 or thereabouts, when the factory fully built out...". So I do not believe that the 150GWh production capacity is tied to 2020 the way you interpret it. This is an intentionally vague timeframe, hence it was not explicitly put onto the slide (snap shot below). My takeaway is that it is going to happen after 2020.

The interesting part that contradicts to the Bloomberg article in my original post is that 50GWh/500K cars/year, which at average 70kWh/car implies 15GWh for battery storage is tied to 2018, not 2020.

Snap1.png

To gently go into this highly politicized good night, I wanted to look around for greater wisdom than I typically find in the daily discourse that swirls around us, an alternative for the news outlets, internet, opinion pages and debates on facts, alt-facts and fake news. For those that have unplugged - many long ago, a few words from Hank Dave Thoreau -(As most men with 3 names, NASCAR driver, country music legend and reformed Frenchman.)

“Unjust laws exist; shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once? Men generally, under such a government as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them. They think that, if they should resist, the remedy would be worse than the evil. But it is the fault of the government itself that the remedy is worse than the evil. It makes it worse. Why is it not more apt to anticipate and provide for reform? Why does it not cherish its wise minority? Why does it cry and resist before it is hurt? Why does it not encourage its citizens to be on the alert to point out its faults, and do better than it would have them?”
Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience and Other Essays

And

“I wish my countrymen to consider, that whatever the human law may be, neither an individual nor a nation can ever commit the least act of injustice against the obscurest individual, without having to pay the penalty for it. A government which deliberately enacts injustice, and persists in it, will at length ever become the laughing-stock of the world.”
Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience and Other Essays

Henry David, paraphrased - Karma is a bitch. As a Scofflaw I appreciate Disobedience. Good night now, . ;)

I have no knowledge about the number of pumps per car and per cost. That's why I'm throwing this out there, amidst fermented orange food;)

I have NO idea of cost. I was at my local SC yesterday for routine service. I asked the service rep about the 'axel pumps' associated with the cancelled contract. He indicated the only pumps he knows associated with the 'axels/motors' were cooling pumps. He said the S and X have three. They circulate fluid (for cooling/temp regulation). The fluid flows to the battery pack and the motors.
Now, I know all the info we get from TM staff is not always accurate so I pass this along with a 'grain of salt'. I would add this person has been with TM a couple years and Inthink the info is good,
I read someplace that the contract was a five year contract for $100 million. So, I can't believe that the pump cost is $1k/pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.