Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure their aren't a few Anglos who are a little despicable? Are you praising some but not other hyphenated Americans, bearing in mind we are all immigrants, including the so-called Indians? Your post sounds like an arbitrary distinction among people, such as color or ethnic background. Most of my skin reflects all colors, thermodynamically speaking, so I must be an amalgam of all races. How do you resolve such conundrums? Just trying to put this discussion on a different when redolent of eugenics. Look up some words; you might see some reflections of how others see you. An advice.

Spoken like a well-spoken scholar. I did have to look up some terms. haha

Then it is called bait and switch. He announced to the whole world during the M3 event that the base model cost 35K, BUT then you saying Tesla decides not to produce the base model. EM shouldnt be announcing it in the first place if Tesla doesnt plan on producing it.

It is the same thing as walking in to the pizza joint to buy a slice of pizza, but the staff tells you "you cannot buy a slice unless you buy fries and drink with it." yea ok...

In my previous post, I have already said only way Tesla doesn't lose money on M3 is if customers buy the extra features and options.
If you want to be taken seriously here, you need to learn the facts. They are readily available if you are willing to read. Otherwise you are just a troll.

The first customers are to receive their Model 3's with the LR battery before the end of this year. If they prefer the standard battery, they have to wait until early in 2018. They have already been waiting 20 months since they placed their deposits. This is not bait and switch

In my experience with two women of African origins whom I "almost married" and their families, and numerous students of color and different background, we all think in terms of color. Some black students I knew well have become leaders in the political and academic communities. At one point with two of them (when they were undergraduates) I felt close enough to observe, "you are racists too!" They laughed at my naiveté. Felt good.

Always best to admit to racism. As with everything, it is good to know what you are talking about. An advice.

We should all take pride in our cultural heritage, provided it does not depend on putting someone else down, but helps us to celebrate what is worthwhile, funny, and uplifting in style or civility or courage. A very few of us, not me, have a real appreciation for the indignity of being considered a slave. Good example is the writing of, say, Ta-Nehisi Coates who has labelled Trump the first White President. A bad example is John Kelly's recent protestation, and re-protestation, the Civil War occurred because of a lack of compromise. Alternatively, one can compare the nurturing quality of Obama's presidency to that of a bullying president as does Jill Filipovic's opinion piece in the Review Section of today's New York Times, "Trump's Man-Child Army." She realizes, as we all should, white male outrage at what has happened to the less fortunate is understandable, but males used to be venerated (as I did my Dad) for their responsibilities to family, country, and church, as well as their own personal accountability. In her words: "Donald Trump is a new kind of old-school man. In some ways he's a throwback....But he's also a thoroughly modern man-child, the kind of overgrown adolescent you expect to find on internet forums....Trump-style masculinity, in other words, is less John Wayne and more Tucker Max—and a revealing insight into American male anxiety."

Opinion | What Donald Trump Thinks It Takes to Be a Man

Sometimes we find on this internet forum....

I know most people here are of the "If it is not stock, it is crap" camp but .....

Zero-to-60-Tesla-Model-3.jpg

Zero-to-60-Tesla-Model-316.jpg

Zero-to-60-Tesla-Model-305.jpg
Zero-to-60-Tesla-Model-303.jpg
Zero-to-60-Tesla-Model-306.jpg

Zero to 60 Designs Gives the Tesla Model S a Radical Refresh | Automobile Magazine

Last edited:
For those of you intellectuals who have not yet read today's NYT, there are two other gems of interest.

I accidentally wasted my time the other day listening carefully to Sarah Sanders' press briefing yesterday. She's really good at her job and well on message. Frank Bruni nailed her talent.

Opinion | Sarah Huckabee Sanders Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Also, and I've said this before quoting a dear ultra-conservative Catholic friend who believed "Christ was the first Communist," this scholarly vindication.

Opinion | Are Christians Supposed to Be Communists?

Small grenades in the ever-long quest for enlightenment.

Call me a contrarian. I doubt those people who said they will put me on ignore list had really done so. i noticed alot of people can still see my comments and pretended not to notice. just my 2 cent
Ok. I find it very tiring reading posts that are full of no-research statements of alternatives, total inaccuracies, and outright misrepresentation. To be really clear, about 80% of your posts hit one, two, or all three. So, I'll start.

Has anyone received their Boring hat?
The Boring Hat Delivery Event has been postponed until after the Semi Reveal. That's what Amber heard anyway. Also heard that Elon has gone underground to get to the root of the matter. Took his bottle of 18 Y.O. Single Malt, electric grill, wieners, marshmallows, sleeping bag, and newest hot date with him. If he doesn't emerge by the 16th, it's going to be a very long winter.
I'm pretty bored today. Looks like I'm not alone.

Well, you know there are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.

I thought there were 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that do math in binary and those that don't.

Now I'm confused.

I’ll just point out that MY joke goes to 11. :)

Actually, there are several types of people in the world:

1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

The Boring Hat Delivery Event has been postponed until after the Semi Reveal. That's what Amber heard anyway. Also heard that Elon has gone underground to get to the root of the matter. Took his bottle of 18 Y.O. Single Malt, electric grill, wieners, marshmallows, sleeping bag, and newest hot date with him. If he doesn't emerge by the 16th, it's going to be a very long winter.
I'm pretty bored today. Looks like I'm not alone.
I think it will really matter as to whether or not he sees his shadow when he emerges ... could be a long winter ... hatless.

Status
Not open for further replies.