Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still very conservative IMHO, but even OPEC now sees there is no escape :

" Focusing on the penetration of EVs in the passenger car segment, an alternative sensitivity has been developed: the Sensitivity Case. In this sensitivity, a more optimistic view is taken on the penetration of EVs. Globally, it is assumed that annual EV sales reach 80 million by 2040 (Figure 7.4). This would mean that three out of every five cars sold in 2040 would be electric. In regions such as OECD Europe, OECD America, China and India, it is assumed that two out of every three passenger cars sold would be electric by 2040.
Under this sensitivity, there would be 516 million EVs on the road at the end of the forecast period. While it is interesting to analyze how oil demand would be impacted in this sensitivity, it is highly unlikely that EVs will penetrate the passenger car segment with this strength in less than 24 years. The level of investment, in terms of both the replacement of car fleet and the expansion of required infrastructure, as well as the required government support, would be rather prohibiting. Nevertheless, several countries have publicly stated their intention to achieve an even higher share of EVs in new sales than assumed in the Sensitivity Case. This is especially the case of Europe, with the UK, France, the Netherlands and Austria, among others, targeting 100% of new sales from EVs in various time horizons."

It is always interesting to compare with earlier WOO reports (They can be found in the archive here : OPEC : World Oil Outlook Archive )

I love how blind they are to how little infrastructure spending and government support there really is to driving EV replacement of the passenger car segment. Tesla hasn't spent more than a few billion and they've already covered almost 3 continents worth of infrastructure. I will be adding to my SCO position, if oil hits $80.

I love how blind they are to how little infrastructure spending and government support there really is to driving EV replacement of the passenger car segment. Tesla hasn't spent more than a few billion and they've already covered almost 3 continents worth of infrastructure. I will be adding to my SCO position, if oil hits $80.

My thought exactly, but why SCO and not one of the other ETFs like DRIP or USOD. I was looking at the latter as it tracks the commodity rather then oil companies. I have been debating with myself which would be better, once Oil peaks that is.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Precisely! The longest lead time items are probably lithium and cobalt. For both the known sources are plentiful, but production increases will be orders of magnitude higher than the current known plans will supply.

Everything else is known and is much less costly and challenging than the coal, oil and gas crowd can conceive.

It is almost inconceivable when considering utility, aircraft, road and non-road ICE. People all talk of passenger cars and forget about what is now happening.

I consider myself very lucky to be alive for all this. As a reward I bought some more TSLA today.

tesla is currently funding my weed habits.

we are still on track to hit 350 this week. we need to hit an average of 15 points on next three days to make it to 350.

You are welcome to participate in this thread, if you can discuss Tesla as an investment in a serious manner. But purposely masquerading as a fool should ultimately only draw toward you the attention of the moderators.

My thought exactly, but why SCO and not one of the other ETFs like DRIP or USOD. I was looking at the latter as it tracks the commodity rather then oil companies. I have been debating with myself which would be better, once Oil peaks that is.

both DRIP and USOD seem to be less than 4 months old, while SCO's been around for awhile. I know nothing about the other two, so follow the old adage - do what you know.

You are welcome to participate in this thread, if you can discuss Tesla as an investment in a serious manner. But purposely masquerading as a fool should ultimately only draw toward you the attention of the moderators.

No big deal. ill change my wording since you dont like weed.

sit tight, watch Tesla hit the 350 mark this week. I call it ez money. mark my wordz

Reactions: electracity

This was fascinating. He really loved it...that's my main takeaway.

Someone on Reddit caught this though, and I thought it was interesting:
"I didn’t attend the Tesla Model 3 launch." from here: The Model 3 Is Further Proof of Tesla's Asymmetric War Against the Auto Industry

But now in this article: "The launch event earlier this year where the media got a two-minute ride through a darkened parking lot in Hawthorne? I was there."

• Informative
Reactions: 3Victoria
I think we might need to call this the @Runarbt top... you spoke too soon... $8 drop in pre-market just now to $294... downgrade?... of course it recovers to $296.000000 :).

might I elaborate with a chart?

View attachment 258647

ok... this is a 5 year daily w/ a double top pattern... neckline at $303... notice where we close yesterday?... that would be considered a recovery back to it... if this pattern pans out... then a test of the $285 tops will happen soon with a target of $240... unless the bottom is actually $180.

306 OOOOMMMGGGG

This was fascinating. He really loved it...that's my main takeaway.

Someone on Reddit caught this though, and I thought it was interesting:
"I didn’t attend the Tesla Model 3 launch." from here: The Model 3 Is Further Proof of Tesla's Asymmetric War Against the Auto Industry

But now in this article: "The launch event earlier this year where the media got a two-minute ride through a darkened parking lot in Hawthorne? I was there."

The article was written by Alex Roy, not Doug DeMuro.

Status
Not open for further replies.