Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears the highest strike price on the J20 LEAPS is 450 whereas there are higher strikes available for J19s. Is there a method to how strikes are released and is there any way to know when higher strikes will be added on the J20s? Thanks in advance.

They list an initial set of in-, at-, and out-of-the-money strikes. They'll add more as necessary if/when the underlying price approaches the edge of the listed range. I assume there is a minimum number of strikes listed around at-the-money at the start of a trading day, but I don't know at what price they would start adding additional strikes.

I wonder why EM visited Turkey at such a crucial time of M3 ramp up. He mentioned to work personally to fix issues at the GF as a sign of his commitment and certainly has better things to do this days. Must have been of extra importance to him...

Wild guess: does he maybe consider Turkey as a location for the European GF?
Turkey could be mineral related plus inclusion in EU and geographical proximity to continental Europe, with cheaper labor and land cost. Turkey is the tenth-ranked producer of minerals in the world in terms of diversity. Top is boron, Turkey produces 72% of the world's total. Boron is mainly used in fiberglass, 1/2 of world production goes into that. It also has potential Lion battery improvements (2nd use). Boron is also used for doping semiconductors (maybe solar panels), but amount needed is tiny. Turkey also has copper, which can produce cobalt as bi-product.

Supercharging, range, GF3/4 or whatever about the Semi is not mindblowing. This is just infrastructure.

My bet is on autonomy. Elon was using similar language before "part 2" of Model 3 unveiling and it was about AP2, so I suspect some major breakthrough in this area.

Or something completely else.

But I'd be really disappointed if it's another product (Y/pickup). OK, I maybe maybe might accept new Roadster, but I think that will be a hobby project, so not really mind blowing either. Unless it can fly / dig itself underground.
Now that you said autonomy, I'm betting it is automated platooning.

Can't wait to find out!

Reactions: jbcarioca
It appears the highest strike price on the J20 LEAPS is 450 whereas there are higher strikes available for J19s. Is there a method to how strikes are released and is there any way to know when higher strikes will be added on the J20s? Thanks in advance.

There is no fixed schedule when to add more strikes. They added $50~$170 strikes on the second day, I imagine they will expand the out of money side quickly, at least to $680.

Last edited:
Wasn't all that obvious from the beginning? I don't claim any special powers of insight but MUN joined my sparsely populated ignore list early on and none of the ongoing debates with him have made me question that decision. I am mystified as to why a number of members I respect, including yourself, still engage with him.
He seems to have some skill with ultra-short-term (weekly) technicals.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
Figure this question might be worth posing: will the event on Thursday really be mind blowing? What exactly does mind blowing mean to you?
Essentially nothing is mind-blowing to me, but I just assume Musk has a lower standard.

I guess really understanding evolution by random mutation, recombination, and natural selection was mind-blowing; I often describe it as turning my view of reality upside down.

Some sex can induce altered mental states so can be described as mind-blowing, but I think that's a different use of the word.

Tesla's internal communications remain a chaotic mess by all accounts, so I'm not surprised nests of racists are getting away with it somewhere on the factory floor. :-( I believe the allegations and I believe it's due to a disorganized internal culture which means that nobody in the right positions of power is aware enough of what's going on to put the smack down on racist bullies (who can be very sneaky and two-faced).

Unfortunately, I suspect Tesla's long term plan to solve this is to eliminate the factory floor workers entirely, so they probably won't put much effort into fixing the communications issues.

No idea about Steve Jurvetson, no comment.

Somebody pm'ed me this interesting cnbc writeup, knowing cnbc quality in regards to tesla reporting 'varies' take it with a grain of salt, but still very interesting.

In a nutshell looks like Jia Yueting was trying to be as agressive a leader as Elon, but his execution was not successful: Le Eco was supposed to be a marketing across many devices company, Faraday future was supposed to be the car company, Midea automation, and while I am sure Midea will successfully market the Kuka automation technology, the rest seems pretty damaged at this point, and the convoluted company structures with holdings and parent companies moving debt back and forth is no longer an easy thing in china: Skyrocketing tech firm LeEco set out to change the world. Its failure has changed China

More fun rumors that don't seem to add up: Report Claims Jaguar-Land Rover Owner, Tata Invests Big Into Faraday Future

Love love love. This is a good analysis.
That article sucked, sorry. The author feels just as old as Bob.

He forgets how the generation coming up won't care what kind of car gets them from point A to B as an "extension of oneself" if it gets them where they and their friends want to go any time and at a very cheap rate.

There is no mention of Tesla, which is the leader right now, ergo he makes it seem like it's 50 years away because of the comparison of what the other laggards are doing.

He seems to understand where we are going, but just way off on his timeline....what a negative tone as well.

Unfortunately, I suspect Tesla's long term plan to solve this is to eliminate the factory floor workers entirely
I don't see that so much as unfortunate as the way it needs to be. People are no longer the appropriate tool for repetitive factory work. Of course the question of what we do with all those people in the future is another matter.

Tesla's internal communications remain a chaotic mess by all accounts, so I'm not surprised nests of racists are getting away with it somewhere on the factory floor. :-( I believe the allegations and I believe it's due to a disorganized internal culture which means that nobody in the right positions of power is aware enough of what's going on to put the smack down on racist bullies (who can be very sneaky and two-faced).

Unfortunately, I suspect Tesla's long term plan to solve this is to eliminate the factory floor workers entirely, so they probably won't put much effort into fixing the communications issues.

No idea about Steve Jurvetson, no comment.

Sent to me by another TMCer: Sad. Steve Jurvetson

That article sucked, sorry. The author feels just as old as Bob.

He forgets how the generation coming up won't care what kind of car gets them from point A to B as an "extension of oneself" if it gets them where they and their friends want to go any time and at a very cheap rate.

There is no mention of Tesla, which is the leader right now, ergo he makes it seem like it's 50 years away because of the comparison of what the other laggards are doing.

He seems to understand where we are going, but just way off on his timeline....what a negative tone as well.
I totally disagree that young people won't care what kind of car gets them from A to B. That is like saying young people don't care what type of smart phone they use as long as it can run instagram and snap. They all seem to care about status, and want the iPhone. I think it will be the same with self driving cars. They may use the crappy ones because it is all they can afford, but they will want to use the fancy status symbol ones.

Nice graph, thanks! What's the reason that NY, Tokyo, London and Paris have such low % of EVs? is it due to low % of homes with garages and home charging capability? I wonder what makes Shanghai better. Also, no data on HongKong? And, yay San Jose!
As you already wrote, yes in Central Tokyo there are almost zero house available to buy, compared to thousands of condominiums. Some wards (like a county in the US) require condo developers to install chargers, but that's not 100% enforced and not very common. There are two superchargers in Central Tokyo both at hotels, one two-stall and the other one-stall. Usually on weekends there are one hour wait to charge.

We don't know if any of this is true.

The lawsuit includes employees who worked at the company at some time in the past year, so I'm guessing the vast majority of them were fired recently during the performance reviews. The UAW is already in contact with these former employees because they're suing Tesla on their behalf. It isn't difficult to convince recently fired employees to sign up for another potential payout with no cost or risk.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
Toyota Chief Professional Engineer Seigo Kuzumaki said ICE will be dead by 2050.
Internal combustion engine to be dead by 2050, says Toyota R&D boss | Autocar

Study Predicts 400 Million Cars Will be Hydrogen-Powered By 2050 - Motor Trend

The Hydrogen Council consists of 18 core members from multiple industries. Audi, BMW, Daimler, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, and Toyota are among the automakers participating in the initiative, joining other companies such as specialty gas supplier Air Liquide and Royal Dutch Shell. The Council created a study that quantifies hydrogen’s role in the energy sector of the future.

On this note,

Hotbed of Misinformation

Status
Not open for further replies.