Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So this is the car that will put me on the dole?"

AR-171129694.jpg

Mercedes-AMG CEO Tobias Moers, left, and Britta Seeger, member of the board of management at Daimler AG with responsible for Mercedes-Benz cars marketing and sales, check out the Tesla Model 3 on the LA Auto Show floor Wednesday.

Porsche US CEO: "We have lots of respect for Tesla – and, yes, I'm sure there are some Porsche customers, that in terms of connectivity, digital stuff in the car and electric battery in the vehicles, didn't find the car that they wanted with Porsche so they bought somewhere else," Zellmer said

I am one of those customers.

Porsche executive talks about keeping up with Tesla

Honey, I just bought a $200,000 car
b881110344z1_20171130164503_000gplstotv2-0-z71ui40oi8zikwllcp2_fct1771x1316x377x100_ct620x465.jpg

"I remember walking in to the showroom and thinking, what idiot would buy a car with white leather seats?"

"Two and a half hours later I was putting a deposit on it."

"I honestly walked in there with no intention of buying it,” he said.

"You get in it and go wow, it is something that honestly cannot be described."

"This is the future.”

WRT 45k Roadster reservations, I think that number is entirely feasible. I agree with Starno in that I don't trust employee rumors, but I put my deposit in last Tuesday. Haven't heard a peep out of Tesla since. It's possible that they're overwhelmed with reservations and that's the reason they haven't confirmed receipt of my deposit.

Or they're just lazy.

The one that caught fire at the charger was the charger's fault, not the car, and I'm not sure if that would have counted as a breakdown in any case.

After an exhaustive inquiry, Tesla Motors has determined the cause for the fire that engulfed a Tesla Model S while it was charging at a Supercharger station in Norway. The culprit – a short circuit in the electrical distribution box inside the vehicle according to Norwegian news site. Tesla Identifies Cause for Model S Fire in Norway

WRT 45k Roadster reservations, I think that number is entirely feasible. I agree with Starno in that I don't trust employee rumors, but I put my deposit in last Tuesday. Haven't heard a peep out of Tesla since. It's possible that they're overwhelmed with reservations and that's the reason they haven't confirmed receipt of my deposit.

Or they're just lazy.

Roadster reservations

Or they're just lazy.

Roadster reservations

The Batterie business does not often appear in the news and is from my point of view heavily underestimated.

Almost all what we see in the news are projects like Australia which are great but there is much more out there nobody talks about and where Tesla is perfectly positioned to be the dominant market leader.

Found this today:

"A new report from Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) predicts that 305,000 MWh of energy storage will be installed between 2017 and 2030, or 2,364 projects the size of Tesla's South Australia storage system. The numbers are mind-boggling, but if the history of renewable energy is any indication, the opportunity could be even bigger than the most bullish projections. "

The Multibillion-Dollar Opportunity for Battery Storage

A certain Moderator is considering treating posts that mention "XXk!" Roadster reservations with the same eraser he uses for those saying "Stock price going to 0!"

Just sayin'

With all due respect, isn't getting a free $2b loan overnight that you have to pay back in 3-5 years very important to the stock price?

With all due respect, isn't getting a free $2b loan overnight that you have to pay back in 3-5 years very important to the stock price?

Yes, but there is no way its $2B. Unless you believe that rumor of 45,000 Roadster reservations as that would at least $2.25B, but I just cant see it. That would be 5 years worth of Ferrari's unit sales (about 8000 and 3.1B EU in 2016.) It would be awesome, but im not buying rumor from a sales associate in Florida. Remember, the Model 3 is only like $500M. I realize the Semi and Roadster are much bigger reservation fees, but still.. max I would expect is $1B over the next 12 months, which should still be awesome news for the stock.

Reactions: neroden
Yes, but there is no way its $2B. Unless you believe that rumor of 45,000 Roadster reservations as that would at least $2.25B, but I just cant see it. That would be 5 years worth of Ferrari's unit sales (about 8000 and 3.1B EU in 2016.) It would be awesome, but im not buying rumor from a sales associate in Florida. Remember, the Model 3 is only like $500M. I realize the Semi and Roadster are much bigger reservation fees, but still.. max I would expect is $1B over the next 12 months, which should still be awesome news for the stock.

Not believing it as fact, but I am buying on the belief that the market is totally overlooking that Tesla is way behind in even acknowledging receipt of deposits due to much higher reservation volume than anticipated. It blows a huge hole in the best bear argument, that they will run out of money before volume production of the 3.

Reactions: Intl Professor
Status
Not open for further replies.