Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheaper to run than ICE?
Tesla Semi is more expensive than a traditional Semi. It is cheaper to run over time. Therefore after a sufficient number of miles, a break even point is reached and the Semi is cheaper to own from that point on.

Elon‘s statement that the semi is cheaper from day one presupposes the buyer is leasing the semi. Therefore in the first month, including the leasing payment, and running costs, you will come out ahead with the tesla semi.

In the case of Model 3, S & X I believe they are priced equivalently to the competition and the sales in the market bear this out. Therefore, you are equal on day one, and ahead the first time you don’t have to fill up with a tank of gas:)

Reactions: DragonWatch
I will stick to using ICE cars for the next 6-8 years or maybe buy a GM EV car.. Tesla is not prime time ready yet. Their service infrastructure and quality control are a joke. Imagine if you got into a minor accident, the parts (outsourced from oversea) and total repair time will be several MONTHS. Yes, even a simple headlight will take several weeks to a month to receive since you can only order from Tesla in which they will place an order from an oversea parts company. Then, of course, they will use the slowest shipping method which is by sea.

Moderator:
Uh oh. Tsk, tsk.....(cont'd)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will stick to using ICE cars for the next 6-8 years or maybe buy a GM EV car.. Tesla is not prime time ready yet. Their service infrastructure and quality control are a joke. Imagine if you got into a minor accident, the parts (outsourced from oversea) and total repair time will be several MONTHS. Yes, even a simple headlight will take several weeks to a month to receive since you can only order from Tesla in which they will place an order from an oversea parts company. Then, of course, they will use the slowest shipping method which is by sea.

The interns they hired for this year's FUD are really really bad. Employment market must be tight... Is Wall Street moving away from Ivy?

We got our Model X in 2016, end of May. Put 34k miles on it. I could not imagine why you would want to put yourself through driving an ICE unless it is because of cost, even with waiting on repairs, the experience is so much better, its like you have left a really ugly past behind that you were just not fully aware of. As somebody else here worded it, once you switched you are not so much thinking that teslas are the best cars ever made, its more like: whats wrong with all the other ones. A GM Bolt would be like our 2015 VW eGolf with a little more range, still stuck in old technology for the most part, missing autopilot, superchargers, over the air updates etcpp. Maybe you should go to turo.com and rent one over a long weekend and find out why it is so amazing.

Last edited:
A wise man would wait until 10 years before considered buying a Tesla. wait until their quality control improves dramatically, full self driving mode is ready, megacharger stalls at every corner or street, you will feel 10x more satisfied than the current conditions they are in.

Maybe 10 years is not enough. Just wait 100 years, to make sure.

A wise man would wait 10 years before considered buying a Tesla. wait until their quality control improves dramatically, full self driving mode is ready, megacharger stalls at every corner or street, you will feel 10x more satisfied than the current conditions they are in.

Then why are you on a Tesla fanclub message board? It seems like wasted energy/time on your part to even be here.

A wise man would wait 10 years before considered buying a Tesla. wait until their quality control improves dramatically, full self driving mode is ready, megacharger stalls at every corner or street, you will feel 10x more satisfied than the current conditions they are in.

Considering I've owned them for 2 years and have been more satisfied with them over every other car I've ever owned - you're really just missing out.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.

Trolling.jpeg

no one in their right mind would buy a car from a fairly new company. i am not even sure if they could DO all of those things in the next decade

MODERATOR: ....the Mod wonders to all and sundry why on earth two posters possibly could have THE SAME IP address? Do you like answering your own questions, Jack/Justin?

You're busted. Go troll somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
no one in their right mind would buy a car from a fairly new company. i am not even sure if they are DO all of those things in the next decade

You indicated weeks ago that you felt EM was a liar and the company would fail? I think everyone gets your feelings. Do you have anything constructive to add to a discussion about the company or are you just here to post nonsense?

No need to answer....I know the answer.

Carry on.

Now 266. It's like midnight over there; are our friends in Norway registering VINs in their dreams? At this rate Norway alone will pass 30,000 in 4Q.

No, it's a scraper script and the nature of those things is that not everything comes in synchronously. There's nearly always registrations coming in for the day before and sometimes even the day before that as well.

Moderator....Tsk tsk (cont'd)

I agree, you should leave and come back here in ten years when you buy your Tesla with all the other smart people. Until then let us morons go about our misery.

There is a reason why someone might hold onto their ICE instead of getting a Tesla.

I know someone who decided to not buy an X because the resale/trade in value of his ICE has taken such a tremendous hit. He decided to just keep driving the ICE.

Too bad we didn’t have this conversation last year. I would have told him that would be the case... which was one reason why I ditched our ICE earlier this year for the X.

Reactions: neroden and D-egg-O
Status
Not open for further replies.