Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're the only ones who thought Tesla would come anywhere near to making 1500 Model 3's this quarter. Everyone else thinks that they didn't do enough testing and there will be horrible delays. If they say they're still anywhere close to being on track for 5k/wk by year end the stock will go way up in my opinion. I also think that after what happened last quarter the market is very concerned about MS/X demand and more production problems. A lot of investors got burned after the Q2 numbers. I don't think this is so much a bear attack as it is low expectations and high concerns.

It's bear attacks -- they have the signature -- but bear attacks are pretty normal with this stock. The bear attacks are working right now because most of the bulls are on the sidelines.

He'll be talking about how crazy demand is going to be for projects like this. It could affect TSLA since the market currently values Tesla Energy at $0.
In addition, he'll probably point out how quickly it was installed (there's some evidence that it was installed *before* the interconnection agreement could be signed -- bureaucracy's always the slowest part). And I bet he'll state outright that Tesla made a profit on it (shutting down the idiots who think Tesla is losing money on the energy storage business).

Conveyor belts on the floor and no robots to either side (those vertical beams would prevent any meaningfull swing and reach anyway). This is some station where a worker would be doing something (possibly quality control) while standing on the belt that moves in sync with the car. Certainly part of an automated line. The side structures smell like Item (brandname) profiles (item Germany – aluminum profiles, linear technology, work bench system - item) which is used for rapid prototype construction. It's German and almost 100% certainly something Grohmann would use (not saying they specifically did this, it's wide spread so any automation subcontractor could potentially use these). While it does smell like pilot construction I do see it quite extensively used on production lines all the time. Despite this being my job, I am also just basing everything of a single picture and could just as well be completely wrong. But at leeast my opinion on this is somewhat informed.

Conveyor belts on the floor and no robots to either side (those vertical beams would prevent any meaningfull swing and reach anyway). This is some station where a worker would be doing something (possibly quality control) while standing on the belt that moves in sync with the car. Certainly part of an automated line. The side structures smell like Item (brandname) profiles (item Germany – aluminum profiles, linear technology, work bench system - item) which is used for rapid prototype construction. It's German and almost 100% certainly something Grohmann would use (not saying they specifically did this, it's wide spread so any automation subcontractor could potentially use these). While it does smell like pilot construction I do see it quite extensively used on production lines all the time. Despite this being my job, I am also just basing everything of a single picture and could just as well be completely wrong. But at leeast my opinion on this is somewhat informed.

Also worth noting that factory area where M3 line is located all high bay, with I would guess at least 30ft ceiling. So the picture most likely depicts one level of the production area, which I would guess have two levels now. The portion of the line shown in the picture could be just a transport between the areas where actual assembly is happening. For example, the picture seem to show that interior of the car is installed, but underpinnings are not. So the car could be transported from the area of interior assembly to the area of drivetrain/battery installation.

Last edited:
Hi Bob,
Seconding this. There is no "Elon Mood" indicator. Dude jets around living the life of a billionaire with 2 high flying companies and a hot girlfriend.

Nonsense. Our strongest tool is collaborating and sharing knowledge.
What impact do you think that the semi reveal will have on the TSLA SP?

Last edited:
Is that a number written on the duct tape on the front?
BubIHDD.jpg

My interpretation of the number on the front is 9 * 76.. As in 9 being the month, and 76 being the car produced in the 9th month... It's that dot. Otherwise you could interpret VIN 976 but I believe that is too optimistic, even though I want it to be that... I think that this month we will see around 100-150 made, and hit 500+ in October. I want to be proven as too conservative, however. I don't think we will hit the 30,000 copies of Model 3 in 2017 that I had originally hoped for, unfortunately. :(

• Funny
Reactions: MitchJi and ggies07
My interpretation of the number on the front is 9 * 76.. As in 9 being the month, and 76 being the car produced in the 9th month... It's that dot. Otherwise you could interpret VIN 976 but I believe that is too optimistic, even though I want it to be that... I think that this month we will see around 100-150 made, and hit 500+ in October. I want to be proven as too conservative, however. I don't think we will hit the 30,000 copies of Model 3 in 2017 that I had originally hoped for, unfortunately. :(

Zoom in on it here

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Q2xNd09Wam91b29IZVJNNDFBeFYyYktpcFJPbVln

It's definitely 9 . 26. The bottom of the "2" leads right and up toward the top of where one would start writing the "6."

Status
Not open for further replies.