Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did something a bit different 1- this is a bit on the exotic side and dont rec'd it to newbies -

earlier this am during the panic selling
I bought a bunch of next week exp bull call spreads - 315/320 - paid 4 bucks for each.. so long as tesla closes over 320 next week - the trade makes 25% - downside risk is that if tesla closes next frida < 315 I lose the 4 bucks - break even on the spread is price at 319.... I can also close the top leg if tesla goes down further (make a profit) and keep the long side of the trade which is what I will do since I don't mind owning shares at a strike price of 315...

so if: tesla > 320 next fri - make 25%
if Tesla < 315 - I close (buy to close) the short leg (320) at a profit and keep the long leg

We're the only ones who thought Tesla would come anywhere near to making 1500 Model 3's this quarter. Everyone else thinks that they didn't do enough testing and there will be horrible delays. If they say they're still anywhere close to being on track for 5k/wk by year end the stock will go way up in my opinion. I also think that after what happened last quarter the market is very concerned about MS/X demand and more production problems. A lot of investors got burned after the Q2 numbers. I don't think this is so much a bear attack as it is low expectations and high concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.