Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t the impact pretty small due to the fact that it’s happening so early in the ramp? They are pushing 1.5k-5k by probably less than three months. It would be different if they were planning to be at 5k for the entire three months.

Also any non tier 1 suppliers are probably not on the hook for more than Tesla can afford the pay them for?
Yes, I think you are correct. As I understand the points being made by @schonelucht the question is what happens if the delays continue. I really see no serious supplier financing problems either. Tesla has been quite quick to resolve significant problems there.

The major real issue is that every delay gives ammunition to shorts and encourages FUD. That effectively seems to reduce the share price, which then accelerates the pace of FUD. Until these issues have been made undebatable we’ll continue to have doubt-based market movements.

I wish I were wrong about the previous paragraph.

Great, so now if there's no cappuccino machine on-board then we're going straight to 280 :mad:

Elon Musk on Twitter

upload_2017-11-16_10-54-26.png

This is kind of sad:
GM's CEO Tries To Out-Musk Tesla With 1 Million EV Sales Goal

Barra also told investors at an industry conference that GM plans a new EV platform by 2021 and a slew of new EVs, including two crossover utility vehicles inspired by the Chevrolet Bolt, a van and a shared self-driving car.

It sounds like she still doesn’t get it. If they were planning on EV’s inspired by the M3 that would at least demonstrate that she knows what the heck GM is up against.
Unless margin on the BEVs will be better than ICE cars, don’t expect the dealerships in most areas to even want to stock them. Service income is substantially reduced unless GM invents some unnecessary service items to throw the dealers a bone. (Like how Nissan says brake fluid needs to be changed yearly on the Leaf as opposed to a more normal service schedule.) I know I’ve mentioned this before, but go troll local dealerships some time, unless you’re in a CARB state, the dealerships don’t seem too interested in BEVs from what I’ve seen.

Unless margin on the BEVs will be better than ICE cars, don’t expect the dealerships in most areas to even want to stock them. Service income is substantially reduced unless GM invents some unnecessary service items to throw the dealers a bone. (Like how Nissan says brake fluid needs to be changed yearly on the Leaf as opposed to a more normal service schedule.) I know I’ve mentioned this before, but go troll local dealerships some time, unless you’re in a CARB state, the dealerships don’t seem too interested in BEVs from what I’ve seen.
What incentivizes the dealers in the CARB states? I thought the CARB credits are manufacturer based. Does GM give dealers kick-backs?

The buy the rumor stock rise leading into tonight's event has been pretty modest. Roughly 12 points over the last week. I would be pretty surprised if there is a sell the news tomorrow that causes a major drop. I also don't see us gapping up big time on anything other than Model 3 ramp news, which shouldn't come this soon. My guess is whichever way we go tomorrow, it will be modest. I haven't added or reduced leverage at all this week. I'm also not going to buy any Puts for downside protection. But I'm looking forward to hearing about the Semi tonight. I would actually welcome a drop into the $290s over the next week or two as I am still sitting on some cash. Don't know if I'll get to use it to add more TSLA or not. I'm fine either way.:)

Reactions: zdriver and madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.