Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RobStark and @MitchJi, while I might like to agree with you; I have watched this stuff since the JFK murder.
I have said before here, that if you used a white eraser for the executive branch, nothing would change. I wish I could say I always made the best choices:-( But, I cannot without telling you a lie. Yes, we do have a cherry(s) trees:)

It’s going to be even more ugly for them in 2018 if they pass their hugely unpopular bill. If two republican senators or a few house members figure that out the bill is in trouble.

They are trying to rush it through before the public figures out how bad it is. They might be able to do but if they do that they will be in trouble in 2018.

Last edited:
It’s going to be even more ugly for them in 2018 if they pass their hugely unpopular bill. If two republican senators or a few house members figure that out the bill is in trouble.

They are trying to rush it through before the public figures out how bad it is. They might be able to do but if they do that they will be in trouble in 2018.

Kinda like Obama care.. too soon?

Really getting fed up with the low volume and closing fade lately :mad::mad:

Tesla/EM is not fooling investors by selling several hundreds of M3 and expect it to get priced at 300 or above. Tesla is truly a M3 company. M3 sales will give Tesla the highest revenue followed by Ride Share market (huge market right here).. No Semi, modelS X or Y or that roadster will bring a huge revenue for Tesla.

M3 pictures dont count. Monthly deliveries are what counts the most and I am looking at those EV monthly delivery report like an eagle.

Last edited:
Tesla/EM is not fooling investors by selling several hundreds of M3 and expect it to get priced at 300 or above. Tesla is truly a M3 company. M3 sales will give Tesla the highest revenue followed by Ride Share market (huge market right here).. No Semi, modelS X or Y or that roadster will bring a huge revenue for Tesla.

M3 pictures dont count. Monthly deliveries are what counts the most and I am looking at those EV monthly delivery report like an eagle.
Ok so it seems like this hasn't been a great quarter either for M3 deliveries based on third party counts. Maybe it's best to sell before the actual data is out and see what happens first..

• Disagree
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
I don’t know anymore. Just trying to get an idea what people here thinks. I’m as depressed as the current SP.
Most of my shares are from low $200 so not too worried. I bought some in Sep between $360 and $320, but wait a quarter or 2, those will turn out fine IMO. Right now there's nothing to do besides watching the M3s roll out of the factory.

Most of my shares are from low $200 so not too worried. I bought some in Sep between $360 and $320, but wait a quarter or 2, those will turn out fine IMO. Right now there's nothing to do besides watching the M3s roll out of the factory.

Like 'counting sheep' when one is trying to fall asleep.

Here’s the difference between you and I then. My lowest is 304.8 which is currently under water. My highest is 341 which is deeply under water. I’ve been trying to do cost averaging lately but no luck. It just keeps going down. Could proudly say that I was a millionaire back in September but now have to start over again. All that work from beginning of the year is gone to waste. I know it will come back eventually still can’t help but feeling depressed lately since I’ve sold NVDA and SEDG to bet on TSLA, while they have doubled YTD yet TSLA is up merely 42% at the moment. Just kicking myself...I really hope the delivery report will turn out well.

Here’s the difference between you and I then. My lowest is 304.8 which is currently under water. My highest is 341 which is deeply under water. I’ve been trying to do cost averaging lately but no luck. It just keeps going down. Could proudly say that I was a millionaire back in September but now have to start over again. All that work from beginning of the year is gone to waste. I know it will come back eventually still can’t help but feeling depressed lately since I’ve sold NVDA and SEDG to bet on TSLA, while they have doubled YTD yet TSLA is up merely 42% at the moment. Just kicking myself...I really hope the delivery report will turn out well.

Unless you sell tomorrow, you haven't lost anything but time.

Edit* assuming you aren't messing around with options.

You're not the only one who's portfolio is depressing right now due to TSLA. I'm way down from where I was in June. Reread the Jesse Livermore quote that @neroden posted recently, and just sit tight. 6 months from now, you'll be very very glad you did. Until Model 3 production takes off, there is nothing to do except wait. You will be hugely rewarded for doing so, partly because so many others can't do it.

upload_2017-12-6_1-39-7.png

With sentiment at its lowest since we broke above 300, I'd like to point out the following:

- Support at 300 has held so far. Below that, we have strong support at the 287 level which had been resistance for 3 years.
- Since Tesla went public, the stock price has never declined for more than 4 straight months. We are in month 4 now.
- In most years, a Santa Claus rally does indeed occur, especially in years where the markets have been up overall. So this is still in the cards.
- If the target for Model 3 production hitting 5000/week was initially end of December, and now it's end of March, we are now closer to 5000/week than we were on June 23 and almost as close as we were on Sept 18 (TSLA closed above 380 on both those dates).

Status
Not open for further replies.