Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're at 490 Q4 deliveries so far according to Inside EV estimates. Someone posted a MS/X/3 ramp comparison on Reddit:

C2Yacif.png

I have a hunch that month 6 for M3 will be way better than month 6 of MS/X.

And once it takes of truly exponentially, shorters be like: I LIKE TRAINS

If it is the Senate bill or nothing at all.

If the Congressional Rs go to their voters empty handed heading into the midterms while controling both houses of Congress and the White House it will get ugly for incumbent Rs.

The Freedom Caucaus knows this as well.
It’s going to be even more ugly for them in 2018 if they pass their hugely unpopular bill. If two republican senators or a few house members figure that out the bill is in trouble.

They are trying to rush it through before the public figures out how bad it is. They might be able to do but if they do that they will be in trouble in 2018.

• Excellent podcast about the semi’s prospects in Europe. Breyter is currently using a mixture of diesel trucks (required for range) and converted EV’s (expensive) and you can hear the excitement in her voice when she talks about getting a Tesla Semi. They have one reserved and they have been in contact with Tesla about this. They are talking to Mercedes, MAM and Volvo about their trying to buy their electric trucks and she said that they are shocked by the Tesla Semi specs. They are planning to come to market in 2019-20 and she speculates that Tesla’s announcement might force some delays.
12.05.17 – Interview with Tesla Semi Reservation Holder Breytner Transport – TechCast Daily

12.05.17 – Interview with Tesla Semi Reservation Holder Breytner Transport
Posted on December 5, 2017 by [email protected]

– Marie-Jose Baartmans, partner at Breytner Transport, discusses the decision to place one of the first European reservations for a Tesla Semi and shares her thoughts on the current landscape of the transportation industry

Links:
Breytner Transport > breytner.com
Breyter Twitter > @breytnerzero

Email > [email protected]

Twitter > @teslapodcast
Patreon > patreon.com/tesladailypodcast

We just need a tweet from Elon or a Tesla video showing that they are out of production hell and that the battery packs are automated! Prove of a tsunami with model3 cars that will flood the market beginning next year....
And ATH could be set at a new high (think positive!!)
They need to actually fix the problem first. There’s currently no reason to believe that they are producing “a few thousand M3’s” per week or even a few thousand in the entire quarter!

At this point I on’t believe that a tweet with trigger ATH. I believe that will require actual car production.

Last edited:
My number is for delivery. I highly doubt 1500 delivery for the quarter will be met. Maybe 1500 have been made, that I still have faith for.
Delivery of M3’s is irrelevant now.

What’s important now is production, production, and production.

Last edited:
Lagging customer demand? What is this guy smoking?
What's funny is that he infers lagging demand from too much demand:

[His] measurement of customer demand is beginning to flag. New customers who have not already preordered can't get new vehicles until 2019, he said, and are beginning to go elsewhere.
It's like saying iPhone demand is lagging because people who don't want to stand in a line that goes around the block 3 times give up and leave to get something to eat.

Well, customers defecting due to a long backlog *is* a thing. If you're like Bombardier and can't get your plane out five years after it was due, it can start to be a really bad thing.

So far, the delays on Model 3 are not enough to be seriously threatening; we're just waiting for them to finish replacing that section of the battery pack line. That was never going to be instant and my WAG said they'd get there late December, January, or early February.

Well, customers defecting due to a long backlog *is* a thing. If you're like Bombardier and can't get your plane out five years after it was due, it can start to be a really bad thing.

So far, the delays on Model 3 are not enough to be seriously threatening; we're just waiting for them to finish replacing that section of the battery pack line. That was never going to be instant and my WAG said they'd get there late December, January, or early February.

WAG = wives and girlfriends? :)

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
What's funny is that he infers lagging demand from too much demand:

[His] measurement of customer demand is beginning to flag. New customers who have not already preordered can't get new vehicles until 2019, he said, and are beginning to go elsewhere.
It's like saying iPhone demand is lagging because people who don't want to stand in a line that goes around the block 3 times give up and leave to get something to eat.

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -- Yogi Berra

Delivery of M3’s is irrelevant now.

What’s important now is production, production, and production.
I'm sure if Tesla announces that they have many more thousands of M3 produced in Q4 than delivered, Seeking Alpha will find ways to spin that.

"Does Tesla have a delivery bottleneck?"

"Are customers balking on M3 deliveries after tax incentive removal?"

"What's causing the delay in delivery? Does Tesla have a big QA problem with the M3?" (cue reprint of the build quality article)

Status
Not open for further replies.