Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue when it became available, but I just checked my tesla account and I'm able to configure my M3 for delivery within 4 weeks. Current owner, reserved march 31 in DALLAS! :)

Poor @rrosenbl @talkingtesla and @ElectricJen still waiting for theirs .. Jen has less reason to complain though while Robert's case is mystifying (He stood in line, current owner of 2 Model Ss and lives in LA).

Poor @rrosenbl @talkingtesla and @ElectricJen still waiting for theirs .. Jen has less reason to complain though while Robert's case is mystifying (He stood in line, current owner of 2 Model Ss and lives in LA).

I'm a bit lost as well in terms of the system to make reservations active. As an couple additional data points.. I showed up early on the 31st but the line was crazy. I took a video of it for TMC and left, we came back later in the day around 4-5pm and placed our reservations. So we are not front of the line Dallas owners. Our MS is heavily optioned, if that ends up being a factor.

(...)

About my common stock position which is about 18 to 19 times my options position: I really dunno. I certainly have zero intentions of selling a single share until January 2, 2019 but after that I really don’t know. My intuition tells me to hold onto every single share for next several years but I’m not blind to the probability of a 1987 style crash in 2019
So I’ll see
And will keep you guys posted on Twitter and this board

PS: my only regret is that I don’t have a bigger position in TSLA
I’m totally maxed out[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. Always great to hear from people who don't just talk but take action once they got to final conclusions. I agree to many points of yours including live time opportunity and holding every share that I ever bought.

Question:

Can you elaborate on the anticipated crash you envision in 2019 and what your view is to what extend such an event would have an effect on Tesla?

Most people here seem to have a long term strategy that the best is to come in 5+ years. Why would you consider going out early?

years but I’m not blind to the probability of a 1987 style crash in 2019
So I’ll see
And will keep you guys posted on Twitter and this board

PS: my only regret is that I don’t have a bigger position in TSLA
I’m totally maxed out
I enjoy reading your posts, but i was a "youngster" during the 1987 flash crash. It was a little blip where if i recall we went down somewhere between 20-30%
I would be more concerned by a 2008 crash (~50%) or a 1929 style crash (90%) or even worse, the "Slow Apocolypse of 12/1975 to late 1982 (7 years of a death by 1,000 cutz)(if you had cash, you could "buy the notch" in late 82, if if if, but i diidn't)
take a glance at the linked chart. being retired, on a fixed income, I love heated swimming pools (91 degrees @ 2am) and fair weather)
like i tell my "friends" at SA, happy investing, aloha, mahalo. (but not alohaha, thats reserved for the shortz who subsidize me, and diversification :))
Dow Jones - 100 Year Historical Chart

I'm a bit lost as well in terms of the system to make reservations active. As an couple additional data points.. I showed up early on the 31st but the line was crazy. I took a video of it for TMC and left, we came back later in the day around 4-5pm and placed our reservations. So we are not front of the line Dallas owners. Our MS is heavily optioned, if that ends up being a factor.
Tenable. Possibly by amount of referrals? Do you have a bunch of referrals?

"The male right whale can boast a twelve foot-long penis and the biggest testicles of any animal on earth - weighing in at one tonne and producing a gallon of sperm."

:-O

Dude!

kopfkino.jpeg

Mod: This had better be the last post on this subject, or they all get nuked. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: avoigt and Lessmog
It is only 11.00 here in CET, and already today deliveries are at 62.
That makes exactly 2700 for Q4 already. :)

Tesla Registration Stats

Surprised I haven't heard this Bearish argument:

Tesla is selling so many cars in Norway, pretty soon everyone there will be driving one. And since they are so dependable, sales of Teslas will then collapse due to lack of demand.

RT

P.S. Love that site BTW. Too bad California doesn't have such visibility into registrations. Would collectively save us untold wasted man-hours spent manually updating various Model 3 tracking spreadsheets.

Tesla is selling so many cars in Norway, pretty soon everyone there will be driving one. And since they are so dependable, sales of Teslas will then collapse due to lack of demand.

RT

Nahhh but Tesla anyway can't last more than 3 years so there will always be people that buy a new one :p

No he is young with a great income and dedication to putting every extra dime into the game. You and I had families, careers (although satisfying) and saving for retirement. Neither of us can now risk the all or nothing.

One does not need to be young with great income to be fully invested in TSLA. I have retired this past summer, my only income is a part-time consulting gig I do about 8-10 hours a week -- just enough to pay the bills for basic living (I have no mortgage or loans and my electricity is provided by the sun, so my living costs are fairly low). All of my retirement savings in my RRSP account are invested 100% TSLA. I can't play with options on the RRSP account, so its only shares. The only thing I can try to do to exploit the volatility is to sell and buy-back some shares, which I try to do from time to time with mixed success (I do keep the majority, aka core investment untouched, though).

• Love
Reactions: MitchJi

RT

oh, but don't forget, Teslas have wompy-wheels, which will guarantee sufficient repeat buyers each year to keep demand going... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.