Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Model X reservations in Norway are off the charts.

Just hit record. At this accelerated rate 4Q17 Norway deliveries will exceed my 3,800 estimate. Model X has gone vertical.
Model X reservations in Norway are off the charts.

Just hit record. At this accelerated rate 4Q17 Norway deliveries will exceed my 3,800 estimate. Model X has gone vertical.

And again, TSLA logic : good news, result : - 0,37%

Cross posting to alert members:

Risking a thread derail by reporting a real one ...
Multiple fatalities reported after train derails in Washington state, spilling onto busy highway

Seems to be between Tacoma and Olympia. I hope noone here has a connection to the accident.

Multiple people were killed and others were injured Monday after an Amtrak train derailed and spilled onto a busy interstate in Washington state.

Those who died were believed to be on the train and not on the highway. Ed Troyer, a spokesman for the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department, said the highway will be closed for a long period, calling it a “pretty horrific” crash.

Cross posting to alert members:

Risking a thread derail by reporting a real one ...
Multiple fatalities reported after train derails in Washington state, spilling onto busy highway

Seems to be between Tacoma and Olympia. I hope noone here has a connection to the accident.

Multiple people were killed and others were injured Monday after an Amtrak train derailed and spilled onto a busy interstate in Washington state.

Those who died were believed to be on the train and not on the highway. Ed Troyer, a spokesman for the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department, said the highway will be closed for a long period, calling it a “pretty horrific” crash.

And apparently it was predictable. This article is from December 5: Lakewood mayor predicts deadly accidents from high-speed train service

And apparently it was predictable. This article is from December 5: Lakewood mayor predicts deadly accidents from high-speed train service
From the article you link, sounds like the mayor at that time was concerned about accidents involving pedestrians and cars due to at-grade crossings. In this incident the train appears to have gone off a highway overpass.

"The mayor of Lakewood believes it is just a matter of time before these high speed trains kill someone. He asked the DOT presenters to do better. Mayor Don Anderson said grade separations – such as overpasses – should be included to keep trains away from cars and pedestrians.

“Come back when there is that accident, and try to justify not putting in those safety enhancements, or you can go back now and advocate for the money to do it, because this project was never needed and endangers our citizens,” Anderson said."

Reactions: zmarty and mongo
Since the market is trying to anticipate the Model 3 ramp, it seems this is a little pause/consolidation in the absence of more indications that the Model 3 ramp is progressing. It's still not clear yet. Any substantial news this week further suggesting or confirming the ramp is progressing will likely bump the stock up again. That's my thinking anyway.

Reactions: schonelucht
Oh no, the authors of those articles changed their minds... haven't you read Montana Skeptic's recent short squeeze call?
erm. uh, izzat the article(s) where Montana sez "If you go to Zha-Ha-doom, you will die" (oops wrong fantasy), i mean, if you short TSLA you will die (and help pay for very nice Kaua'i vacations:));)

Sounds like Toyota still hasn’t figured it out:
Toyota announces major expansion of its electric car plans: 10 new BEVs, all models to have electric motors

This sounds a little better, at least they have a plan for batteries:

Toyota planning 10 purely electric vehicles by 2020s

Toyota announced other goals on green vehicles. By about 2030, it hopes to sell 5.5 million electrified [BEV’s, Hybrids and Fuel Cells] vehicles a year. Toyota sells about 10 million vehicles globally a year.

The company said it will invest 1.5 trillion yen ($13 billion) to realize its 2030 goal, more than half of it on making batteries.

Other automakers, including Nissan Motor Co., Volkswagen AG and Honda Motor Co., offer or are working on electric vehicles. That means competition among battery makers is heating up. It is unclear whether Panasonic will emerge the victor in the race.

Toyota has generally sought to develop key technologies in-house, rather than purchasing them from outsiders. That includes knowhow for computer chips and robotics, which are also expected to be pillars of growth for the auto sector in coming years.

Since the market is trying to anticipate the Model 3 ramp, it seems this is a little pause/consolidation in the absence of more indications that the Model 3 ramp is progressing. It's still not clear yet. Any substantial news this week further suggesting or confirming the ramp is progressing will likely bump the stock up again. That's my thinking anyway.

anecdotal, but, late last night, a conversation with a Model 3 owner who works for one of Elon's company's was shared here,

A close encounter of the first kind

"I could tell they [the Model 3 owner and his friend] were anxious to get going but he left me with a parting shot........."Expect to see a lot more of these on the road starting this week" and gave me a big wink! "

anecdotal, but, late last night, a conversation with a Model 3 owner who works for one of Elon's company's was shared here,

A close encounter of the first kind

"I could tell they [the Model 3 owner and his friend] were anxious to get going but he left me with a parting shot........."Expect to see a lot more of these on the road starting this week" and gave me a big wink! "
That sounded a little like "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Tis the season. Hoping so!

Reactions: SteveG3
Status
Not open for further replies.