Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I say - this kind of price activity just cements that TSLA won't do the raise. They don't need to, and while raising at 275-280 might have been attractive to derisk, raising at 240-250 is decidedly less so.

Either that, or this SpaceX announcement coming at market close *is* the raise.

So we had 2 upgrades following the ER, which did nothing for the SP....but a $5 downgrade moves the stock 3% lower?

I will say that the GS report is the best sell side analysis to date. Hog Negativity Index now at 4.

It should be noted that David Tamberrino only took over covering TSLA at GS last year, and he's been quite negative since the day he took over, as opposed to the previous analyst who had a buy rating. This really should have been expected. I've even noticed on the conference calls he's the most negative sounding of all the analysts.

It should be noted that David Tamberrino only took over covering TSLA at GS last year, and he's been quite negative since the day he took over, as opposed to the previous analyst who had a buy rating. This really should have been expected. I've even noticed on the conference calls he's the most negative sounding of all the analysts.
Negative, and this time bitched how tired and overworked he was..".....going to be up late again tonight." World loves a whiner, oh, meant winner, spelled MUSK.

Last edited:
IMG_0649.PNG
Here's his other stock non-recommendations. Guess he thinks the mattress is the best place for money.

what if there's no stabilization and just more volatility, but back to the upside?
That would certainly break the very long term pattern Tesla has shown. It would certainly wreak havoc on my attempts at swing trading. I personally expect high volatility and a slow and steady downward March until actual material volumes of model 3 are being produced (or the new product announcements hinted at heavily in the CC happen, whichever comes first). Actually if model 3 isn't at substantial run rates when those announcements are made I would predict further drops on cash burn fears.

All of this would be long run irrelevant of course.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and madodel
Usually the stock climbs at the end of every quarter and falls off after the ER/CC. Last Q1 ER/CC was at the beginning of May. Depending on how far the stock as fallen, I would expect it to march up in April. There is also a greater likely hood of a better ER/CC in Q1 as well.

Musk could also throw us a bone with a surprise M3 reveal at the end of March (Unlikely).

Last edited:
The article you provided the link to was an old article.
The date on it said and still says February 27th so I am not sure how that is old? The only explanation I can think of is the article changed between the time I posted it and the time you clicked it and now it's changed back. It is known that editors change stuff on the fly when it is breaking news.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and MitchJi
Musk could also throw us a bone with a surprise M3 reveal at the end of March (Unlikely).

I'm pretty sure the HUD will be revealed for MS/MX in March. This is what Musk was referring to as M3 reveal part 3, since it will also be used in M3. The final M3 unveiling will then come near start of production. Remember Musk had said all new technologies will be available in MS/MX first. This also allows them to work out any kinks with the HUD prior to M3 launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.