Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Move to Estonia. You can open an account and declare it a trading account. Then you have to annually just declare cash in and outflows that are unrelated to trading (i.e. when you add money to account or withdraw, but also monthly fees, transaction fees are considered part of trading so don't need to be reported). This means that as long as you don't withdraw from the account more than you've put in it's 100% tax free. Most banks where you can trade generate the report automatically and you can with one button send it to the customs board where it goes to your tax declaration automatically.

If you do withdraw more than you put in, then on the excess amount you have to pay 20% income tax. That's it. You can daytrade or do what ever you want, you can reinvest your profits as many times as you want. You'll only get taxed if you take the money out finally.

EDIT: actually, you don't even need to move here I think. we have a program called e-residency where you can become an electronic citizen of Estonia gaining most of the rights of true citizens. Opening a bank account and creating a company are some of the perks, but I think you can also probably tie it with the trading account and then for example open a trading account in LHV that as a backend uses Interactive Brokers :) So you get low transaction fees and excellent taxes :D

But:

Almost all countries (USA and Germany included) tax the world income of the residents.

So you might just have to move.

Update on my attempts at trading the daily pattern with Mar17-250 calls...

Sold almost all of them on Fri, held one contract overnight for fun. The Korea missile news made for a negative open, however TSLA wanted to trade according to the usual pattern despite the markets opening in the red.

Bought more contracts on open, almost sold on the "delayed morning pop".... sold all of it on the close. Lost a little bit on the contact held over the weekend (time decay) but made it up with the rest of the trade.

Will be looking for clues tonight and early tomorrow morning to see if it may repeat tomorrow.... I think a change in the daily volume will be a strong sign of pattern over. 3.3M for a Monday with negative macros is low volume.

I was tempted to hold more over the weekend hoping for a strong open, however decided not to do that as it's short term options and time decay is a big factor. Lucky I held one contract!

Last edited:
Yesterday was pretty heavy shorting day at Fidelity, with total 346k shares borrowed, and total net shorting of 224k shares. Today at 8:00am there were 196k shares available, less than half of the shares that were available for shorting at the same time yesterday. May be we can break the 250 spell and start moving up in anticipation of cap raise

snap1.png

Last edited:
As of 9:20 ET
Premarket low 250.88
High $252.90
Share Volume 26,996

Trading towards the upper end of the range at the moment....

Looks a bit like yesterday but more positive. Guessing the morning pop will happen and be higher than yesterday.

Edit: I'm tempted to play the same trade as before but if volume picks up I will consider the possibility of less of a, or no, mid-day dip.

Last edited:
Indexes down, Tsla doing pretty good...

Volume is a bit more perky than yesterday. My bets are on pattern repeating, but higher highs, higher lows than before.... sold some calls short on the peak, let's see what happens (this may get interesting).

Planning on covering in a bit and loading up on long calls at any dips. Might hold some trading positions overnight, seems like people are getting bored with it trading flat and plan on seeing it go up.

My current wild guess on our daily pattern.... we got a larger than average "morning pop" and we will get less of a move up in the afternoon.

Markets were down this morning and Tsla was doing great, now the indexes have recovered and Tsla is lagging... Feels like Tsla traders are waiting for some piece of news to drive it in one direction or another.

I did good selling calls in the morning and covering mid-day... now what to do with the long calls that got accumulated in the last couple of hours? Thinking sell half at the end of the day, take a chance on tomorrow morning with the balance...

Last edited:
From the general thread:

Just so everyone is clear here, though; this is just a derivative issued by Morgan Stanley (which is backed by underlying derivatives on Tesla Stock and guaranteed by Morgan Stanley's balance sheet).

Like Lump and GoTslaGonote above, Tesla is not in any way involved in this transaction and will receive no proceeds whatsoever.

Edit: What Zhelko said! (I took a while to finish my post...)

• Informative
Reactions: Nate the Great
Status
Not open for further replies.