Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The level of resilience despite macros is impressive....

Nasdaq -0.70%
TSLA -0.50%

I am no expert, but it looks like TSLA is under steady accumulation by some patient long term buyers. This is like building rock solid foundation/ price floor under TSLA. Combine that with increasing short interest, we will have a major spike up day anytime soon, it may be tomorrow or next week. I am curious to hear what chart experts here think.

No. A large supply of shares being offered at a certain level indicates potential resistance, the opposite of support. Often previous resistance levels after being breached do become support levels. We'll have to wait to see if that becomes true in this case.
Tesla with a Demand problem -
TSLA with a Supply problem..
It's all so confusing

Lessmog Minestrone to the rescue

I am worried about next week at the macro level.
agree-
I have closed all leveraged positions (LEAP Calls closed at $230 SP) and am in all stock (core plus some extra);
Reasons are
*macro, market at all time highs (PEs are in danger zone);
*Volatile leadership in the offing with minimal confidence in economic policy drivers and world event drivers
*Tesla now having recovered to moderate levels.

Will just hold stock layers for a while. Fully long, and un-hedged, but un-leveraged

reminder:
US markets are closed Monday

Last edited:
I am worried about next week at the macro level.

My concern as well...

On another hand: TSLA became Trump Bump proof, although originally conventional wisdom was that TSLA could lose in the environment of perceived Trump policy moves.

Trump Bump is fueled by perception: "animal spirits", confidence that deregulation, lower taxation and such is good for economy. Well, if it is becoming clear that, fake news notwithstanding, "crooked" opponent declarer has enough of his own crookedness on display to derail and distract from his perceived policy priorities, the Trump Bump stocks will suffer, but TSLA could be seen as a winner all way around: Trump Bump proof, yet ready to spring up in case of Trump Bump slump...

Status
Not open for further replies.