Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this! I found neroden's explanation of a 'sector shift' most helpful as that concept works for me. And if the overall market managers were capable of slowly and steadily transitioning their holdings from the old paradigm to the new paradigm of stocks on a daily/weekly basis, then they may even be able to keep the overall market trend positive while transitioning their holdings to the new paradigm (thus the trend from US stocks to overseas tech companies, and the shift from traditional to tech while the overall average continues to march upwards). I believe we don't need to see a market 'crash' for a paradigm shift to occur - but someone has to be left holding the bag. And I am feeling more confident every day that Tesla is a good place to be if the market managers shift the paradigm too quickly with negative results on the overall market (Tencent investing in Tesla is a great vote of confidence). I don't like conspiracy theories either, but a lot of big funds are holding old paradigm investments and they know it. The inverse correlation you mentioned would indicate to me that they are already in the process of the transition to the investments that make up the best portfolio for tomorrow.

BTW - I finally had some time to read the "Implications to flawless Model 3 launch and ramp to stock price" thread you started. Very informative and well written. Thank you for your efforts!

Very much appreciate it!

Reactions: Intl Professor
a lot of big funds are holding old paradigm investments and they know it.

One investor holding "old paradigm investments" is Warren Buffett with todd combs or ted weschler holding $1B+ in GM.

Another is Carl Icahn with his $1B+ investment in Hertz.

I sure am looking forward to reading their next 13F filings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.