Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 2.48.00 PM.png

Electrek says that Elon spoke about already taking a ride in the prototype Semi. I didnt realize it was that far along. Also stating that it is capable of long hauls. I have never been interested in a Semi in my life, but I find this absolutely riveting now.

I said this before, and I'll say it again, because it is very important: Elon/Tesla is moving quicker than even my expectations. This is not the first, or the second, time that I had to massively adjust my growth assumptions in my DCF, and very unlikely that it will be the last.

Here's a screenshot from @HFTAlert's Accumulator software earlier today. (wanted to check with Steve there before posting)

This shows Algo buying/selling - you can see just before noon that net selling (trending down) shifted to net buying (trending up) and accelerated. When $310 was broke around 12:00, I suspect many short's stops were triggered in rapid succession, explaining the price spike on heavy volume.

I was watching Level II all morning prior to this, in order to time an exit on some ITM weeklies and sold most by about 10am, but held onto about 1/3rd, knowing pin was likely >=310, and even though after 10am the accumulators were not supportive of breaking $310, there were clearly some big fish bids pushing the support line up all morning. So I played wait-and-see. When this accumulator turn up around 11:58, I grabbed a few 310c and sold at ~$312, along with my last 1/3rd from yesterday. Nice scalp, but hindsight is 20/20...

tsla-buysell-algo-4.28.17.png

yeah, hopefully they were honest about their intentions during the purchase. It would be all too easy to say "of course, you can continue working with your existing clients" and they later say "ok, all hands on deck for our most critical project". I suspect that is what actually happened.
They did say they would honor all existing contracts, and apparently they are. But when you need the entire output of the company for in-house work, you can't afford to open new outside contracts.

This *already happened* with Riviera Tool and Die. They continued working with their existing customers until Tesla needed so much output from them that there wasn't production capacity left for the other customers. So if Grohemann did his due dligence and looked at the Riviera acquisition, he would have known exactly what would happen.

Here's a screenshot from @HFTAlert's Accumulator software earlier today. (wanted to check with Steve there before posting)

This shows Algo buying/selling - you can see just before noon that net selling (trending down) shifted to net buying (trending up) and accelerated. When $310 was broke around 12:00, I suspect many short's stops were triggered in rapid succession, explaining the price spike on heavy volume.

I was watching Level II all morning prior to this, in order to time an exit on some ITM weeklies and sold most by about 10am, but held onto about 1/3rd, knowing pin was likely >=310, and even though after 10am the accumulators were not supportive of breaking $310, there were clearly some big fish bids pushing the support line up all morning. So I played wait-and-see. When this accumulator turn up around 11:58, I grabbed a few 310c and sold at ~$312, along with my last 1/3rd from yesterday. Nice scalp, but hindsight is 20/20...

View attachment 224841

how did you know "pin >=310" ?

Up from the previous statement of 3 new Gigafactories to 4?

"Reckless expansion" is a go, I guess. Everyone's guessing China and Europe, but where will the *other* two Gigafactories be?

my guess is that he repeated "Gigafactories 3, 4, and possibly 5" but the TED crowd is misinterpreting it not knowing NY SCTY factory is Gigafactory 2. This is just my guess as I wasn't there.

EDIT: Looks like he actually said "probably 4 more."

Damn. 5 million cars by 2020?

By the way, isn't all this market-moving info so it should've been accompanied with a press release or a publicly available live stream?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
Up from the previous statement of 3 new Gigafactories to 4?

"Reckless expansion" is a go, I guess. Everyone's guessing China and Europe, but where will the *other* two Gigafactories be?

I expect one more in the US. Likely in WV to put the displaced coal workers back to work. That would be huge PR for Tesla.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.