Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no notable borrowing activity visible at Fidelity today. Not too many shares available for shorting, and I did not catch any blocks of shares added in pre-market.

Snap1.png

Well that would be logical. However with short interest at 32% + all bets are off
Tsla could move explosively to the upside with any major good news and go parabolic sometimes this year

So, you're changing your original opinion of a few hours ago that it'll take a couple of years to reach $1000? Don't worry, I'm not going to hold you to it or anything. I simply was asking the time frame of your current $1000 SP model.

I don't want to get *political* but I am more bullish now than I was at the time that we knew the election results. Did anyone here think EM and Trump would *appear* to be BFFs??

When you look at it now it makes perfect sense. But, then.....my initial reaction was to sell. Glad I did not.

I wouldn't have called an 'appearance of BFFs', but I certainly wasn't concerned they'd be 'mortal enemies' anymore than I was concerned SCTY merge was a bad idea.

A) Peter Thiel - I'm conflicted about this guy, but you can't beat having an influential buddy of two people doing the intros and being a go-between if necessary
B) Elon's particular public statement about Trump possibly becoming President - like so many other things he comes up with, it was genius - how to tell someone you think they'll suck at something without insulting them; that takes skill
C) Elon - will not be stopped by anyone or anything, so regardless of the relationship they do or do not cultivate - onward

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I don't want to get *political* but I am more bullish now than I was at the time that we knew the election results. Did anyone here think EM and Trump would *appear* to be BFFs??

When you look at it now it makes perfect sense. But, then.....my initial reaction was to sell. Glad I did not.

Comment wasn't meant to address the broader issues, but merely the short term trading... as in the market might take a breather due to changeover and not knowing exactly what to expect, including the market's own reaction to the changeover at this juncture. In other words, if the market decides to take profits, we could be in a short term downdraft.

Reactions: AlMc
So 245 pin today? Could also be construed as consolidation in the vicinity of the downtrend line that others have mentioned (250 give or take). This is more bullish than a hard rejection of that area in my opinion. We basically hit that area yesterday. Not seeing a sell-off so far.

So 245 pin today? Could also be construed as consolidation in the vicinity of the downtrend line that others have mentioned (250 give or take). This is more bullish than a hard rejection of that area in my opinion. We basically hit that area yesterday. Not seeing a sell-off so far.

That's how I feel about it. Consolidation day and people watching inauguration.

I'm ignoring it all day, not expecting any worthwhile move.

Be interesting how Monday opens.

The negative part of that speech was the attitude of America will do what is best for it and the rest of the world will have to deal with it. National protectionism is something the market dislikes.

I think the markets close mostly flat for the day.

At least so far it seems like the markets don't believe Trump's national protectionist rhetoric is real and not just political marketing.

• Funny
Reactions: Cobos
If we closed right now at these levels ($245) that would be a great day and very bullish. Confirms the rise from yesterday. We spent MOST of yesterday below this level. Consolidation here for a day or two sounds great to me.
I've always said "What's great for AustinEV, is great for me!" (Note: Rhyming does not = poetry)

Status
Not open for further replies.