Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only. I have also remarked those past few weeks an increased awareness of TSLA in my entourage that previously barely knew Tesla is an automaker.
I'm pretty sure a lot of "private deep pockets" are coming in the train.

We're both speculating, but we'll have a confirmed answer in a few weeks. I know some institutions have covered. There will always be a portion that stays and waits for delivery and profitability data. New shorts are also picked up along the way.

Here is shaping up for the epic bear fail for the week. I apologize to Ohio folks for my mean (but truthful) analogy below

IMG_8888.PNG

I have no idea what you guys are talking about concerning puts and shorts. I bought in at 175 and I'm going to hold on to them.

I have an automatic sell order for 33% of my stock when it goes down 10%....then another 33% when it goes down 20% and then another 33% when it reaches 30% down from its highest point.

You might consider holding core shares and buying trading shares on such dips (by that I mean shares you hold looking to sell on a bounce back, while letting your core shares ride for years).

With this approach, the only way you do poorly is if Tesla does not outperform the market over the next several years, and, there's no risk of having the stock run up on you while your position has been lightened.

Fwiw, I've been doing this since 2012 with Tesla after having been quite pleased with how it turned out over many years in my prior heavily concentrated individual stock holding.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about concerning puts and shorts. I bought in at 175 and I'm going to hold on to them.

I have an automatic sell order for 33% of my stock when it goes down 10%....then another 33% when it goes down 20% and then another 33% when it reaches 30% down from its highest point.

How do you know that when it's 20% down it is not the time to buy back the stock you sold when it was down 10%?

High probability the last two weeks are the short squeeze. 6/15 shares short number comes out on the 26th.
Some very iron-clad technical, and price action values that TSLA adhered to are only just now being ignored, and currently on still heavy volume.
Of course hedge funds will try to unwind over several days, if not weeks. Similar dynamic to institutional accumulation.

I have a feeling that MAX PAIN has been redefined this week...

View attachment 230411

I highly doubt MM is going to take TSLA down to $350 and to save TeslaMike. Max pain for options isn't in control anymore. The stock has been on the rise probably because of those wanting to cover for their short positions before they get f***ed over in worse as we approach July.

I highly doubt MM is going to take TSLA down to $350 and to save TeslaMike. Max pain for options isn't in control anymore. The stock has been on the rise probably because of those wanting to cover for their short positions before they get f***ed over in worse as we approach July.

Some short seller isn't gonna be paying attention jaywalking while furiously checking tsla price updates in Fremont.

They will be run over by a Model 3 literally and figuratively. :)

For fun, I did a buy-write on 100 newly bought shares (yesterday morning) just to see what would happen with a OOTM 365 call.

Figure worst case, it kisses 365 I get called away for a small profit.

Worser case happened. I get called away for a small profit and who the hell knows how much more profit I just gave up.

I'm dumb apparently.. but not dumb enough to sell calls naked. :)

Of course hedge funds will try to unwind over several days, if not weeks. Similar dynamic to institutional accumulation.

Indeed, and such an orderly short covering process by professionally run hedge funds may have already begun. Retail short sellers who keep holding tight could eventually become the victims of a true short squeeze. But I wouldn't consider the stampede over until short covering is completed by that mini-hedge fund manager who has been publicly dissing TSLA and Elon ever since the IPO seven years ago. ;)

Indeed, and such an orderly short covering process by professionally run hedge funds may have already begun. Retail short sellers who keep holding tight could eventually become the victims of a true short squeeze. But I wouldn't consider the stampede over until short covering is completed by that mini-hedge fund manager who has been publicly dissing TSLA and Elon ever since the IPO seven years ago. ;)
What's a healthy short interest percentage? I just looked up AAPL, and they have 1.5 - 2 days to cover worth of short interest. Would TSLA short interest have to drop 50-60% for it to be considered normal?

Reactions: neroden

If I were you, I would move those trailing stops off the round 10% numbers. You will not be the only one with stops at that level, and professionals will take advantage of that fact. I would move them to 12.3% or something.

If I were you, I would move those trailing stops off the round 10% numbers. You will not be the only one with stops at that level, and professionals will take advantage of that fact. I would move them to 12.3% or something.

I recommend a number like 12.4 because the real pros would take advantage of those setting stops at the 12.3 levels. :D

Stops carry their own risk as well. You stop out at 10 % down and TTT007 buys 9% up - you are out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.