Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Barons bullish explanation is quite superficial, not much
Better than Chanos
bearish one. To think these people are
Billionaires is quite amazing.
There is a difference.
Baron understands the subject because has done (continues to do) some homework. Chanos says face-palm-worthy things like "...what we call Distributed Solar, which is a [large, utility-owned] solar farm whose energy is distributed to [a utility's] customers..."

Announcing your margin call level is not smart. Especially if you're so leveraged.

In a poker game, it's akin to showing your hand of 7 of diamonds 2 of clubs, and trying to bluff your opponent.

Whaaat?? Are you suggesting that someone who reads that will somehow use that information against him? He can post his entire portfolio in a screenshot and I don't know how that hurts him, unless you are referring to karma/superstition.

Whaaat?? Are you suggesting that someone who reads that will somehow use that information against him? He can post his entire portfolio in a screenshot and I don't know how that hurts him, unless you are referring to karma/superstition.

If it snowballs into a discussion where people here with meaningful positions start posting their margin call SP levels, that can be useful information for shorts who manipulate the stock. Just my two cents.

I can tell you that they have asked me for this information in comments to my SeekingAlpha articles.

Ron Barons bullish explanation is quite superficial, not much
Better than Chanos bearish one. To think these people are
Billionaires is quite amazing.

If I rate the intelligence and knowledge about stock market and especially regarding Tesla, Ron Baron gets 8 out of 10. Chanos gets 1 out of 10. They are not on the same level.

That's is one hell of an upgrade!

Berenberg upgraded Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $464.00 (from $193.00), saying the threat from traditional OEMs is overestimated and less realistic than perceived.

I expect upgrades of this magnitude to roll in as Model 3 ramps up.

I cannot wait for the one from Goldman.

That's is one hell of an upgrade!

Berenberg upgraded Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $464.00 (from $193.00), saying the threat from traditional OEMs is overestimated and less realistic than perceived.

So they're starting to realize what we've been saying for years? That until someone else builds a giant battery factory there is no credible threat to Tesla's lead?

If it snowballs into a discussion where people here with large positions start posting their margin call SP levels, that can be useful information for shorts who manipulate the stock. Just my two cents.

I know they've asked me for this information before on SeekingAlpha comments.

I agree. Try not use margin. For those who used margin or options, try not let the shorts know the details.

On the other hand, although shorts want to manipulate the stock, they are tight on cash.

At this time shorts know the down side is limited, because Tesla can be sold to several large tech companies if something goes seriously wrong. That's why MS raised the low end price target.

Saying that Tencent told him they wanted to get in before Baidu or Baba, was quite the eye opener.

Since long time ago, we all know Google, Apple, Baba, Bidu, TenCent should buy Tesla, at least buy 10~15% from the open market. It's only a matter of who act fast.

Although TSLA's price has doubled, it's not too late for them to act now. If they read too much from Spiegel or Chanos, those tech companies may drag their feet forever and regret in the end.

Since long time ago, we all know Google, Apple, Baba, Bidu, TenCent should buy Tesla, at least buy 10~15% from the open market. It's only a matter of who act fast.

Although TSLA's price has doubled, it's not too late for them to act now. If they read too much from Spiegel or Chanos, those tech companies may drag their feet forever and regret in the end.

Spiegel only has 9 million AUM. Maybe 2 million now depending on the size of his TSLA short. It wouldn't take much to buy out Stanphyl Capital and oust that bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.