Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone buying with backed up trucks today :)
I'm not backing up the truck until we reach a lower more significant technical level. If I miss a bounce from here I'm ok with that as I already have more than enough leverage. On the other hand, someone who has no TSLA position might be happy starting one here.

I've been buying long and medium term calls at these prices but the next time I turn around, there's an even better deal. Now I'm running out of powder without selling off more of my index funds. Problem is, there's not a whole lot left in those to pilfer for more TSLA!

I'm not backing up the truck until we reach a lower more significant technical level. If I miss a bounce from here I'm ok with that as I already have more than enough leverage. On the other hand, someone who has no TSLA position might be happy starting one here.
Lower daily BB band (340) will be my trigger point, even though I've been accumulating a little bit here and there the last week.

I've been buying long and medium term calls at these prices but the next time I turn around, there's an even better deal. Now I'm running out of powder without selling off more of my index funds. Problem is, there's not a whole lot left in those to pilfer for more TSLA!
I feel this was my error 2 years ago, I was seeing couple of % as a deal, without being able to imagine 10-20-30% sales.
But for this kind of thinking to pan out and have patience, you have to be in a comfortable position where you don't care if you miss bounce.
And as I said, I wouldn't be surprised with either $290 or $450, and don't care if I miss $360, or even $350 bounce.

With that in mind, if it continues going down, do I start buying at $350 - psychological or $335 - 50 day SMA?

Welcome to the 600 club! It was getting lonely in 500 to 600 calls. I think your probability of making money on these calls is high. The way this sucker is acting it's likely to burn a ton of shorts and $600+ sometime this year is a high probability. Most of my J18 calls are$250s, $300s, $260s, $410 and a few $500s
OTOH I'm literally loaded up on J19s $600s and $500s like there is no tomorrow I also still hold J19s $300, $290s etc etc

You and I the two disciples of Jesse Livermore are slated to make a killing in TSLA later this year
I agree!

I'm still adding the J18 $600's on the current dip. I'm not planning on them being ITM. An SP of $425-$500 would be excellent. I'm planning to add March 2018 $600's when they become available in July. Might roll the J18's to the March calls too.

Barring a major macro issue I'm extremely confident in our portfolio. Seventy one J19 $380's, and ten (as of now) J18 $600's. Plus one share purchased at $160.

Making hay while the sun is shining.

Not an advice.

Last edited:
NOT necessarily IF the trades haven't settled Cost Basis FAQ | Scottrade
Indeed. Phone up and specify which lots you meant to sell before the trade settles. This works at many brokers (not all). Technically you are supposed to have specified them in your initial order... but if your intent was clear to you and the broker didn't get it right...

Seriously guys, I don't even do options trading, but after reading enough horror stories, I had a dream last night where I lost $10,000 on an option trade because I let it expire. I don't need that! I'll keep my sleep at night and stick to buy/hold. lol.
This is why I *sell* options. If it expires, I'm golden. If it executes... well, I try only to sell at strikes where I'm both OK with it executing, and able to let it execute. I have occasionally had second thoughts about some of my selected strike prices, but you can have the same thing happen when buying or selling stock outright.

Indeed. Phone up and specify which lots you meant to sell before the trade settles. This works at many brokers (not all). Technically you are supposed to have specified them in your initial order... but if your intent was clear to you and the broker didn't get it right...

Unfortunately, I already contacted them and they told me they don't offer that service right now, but "might in the future".

Also, nasdaq took another dip but tsla held steady.

edit: nevermind

edit2: oww my butt. Someone please help my butt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.