Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$TSLA $AMZN $BABA $FAS $TNA $ERX $IWM all our longs and all slated to go up big time in 2017 sooner than you think
$AMZN bought at the open by our 17 yo young portfolio manager in anticipation of great ER
Chart looks awesome

Last edited:
Let's see if there's a positive market response to the seeming good news out of Indiana a short time ago.

Um, link? Or can you give us a tiny hint???

No offense, but a quick Google search of "Tesla Indiana" turned up nothing for me other than a two-hr-old piece on yesterday's news about a possible rewrite of the bill to grandfather Tesla. Your post seems rather fuzzy at best.

Edit: Aww. More info in subsequent posts. Very helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm still on the sideways for a week or two theory... question is what's the range? Will it hover around 250, bounce between 250 and 255.... 250 and 255 makes sense, let's see if we get back in that range today.

Edit: Hoping it doesn't consolidate below 250 with resistance at 250....

My thoughts were $255 is the number to look for today. I'm less concerned (within reason) where the close ends up today if $255 can be touched at some point. Just saw the $10 swing from last weeks high this morning (the type of movement I've been looking for). IMO, if we see a $250 resistance today and nothing near $255 for a high then the run is over and it's time to look for further pullback (sideways is over). Today feels like it is the make or break day for bulls and so far, $250 is resistance but daily chart is trending up...

That amendment is atrocious, though hilarious that the auto-industry's attempt to kill Tesla is looking like it will harm everyone *but* Tesla now.

I struggle to believe that bill will pass.

My guess is that it gets killed once again going through the motions in the house.

How can people who claim to be Republicans support such a clearly anti-competitive bill? Its directly the opposite of supporting a free market, and the only people interested in seeing this bill pass are people with a vested interest in its passage.

My thoughts were $255 is the number to look for today. I'm less concerned (within reason) where the close ends up today if $255 can be touched at some point. Just saw the $10 swing from last weeks high this morning (the type of movement I've been looking for). IMO, if we see a $250 resistance today and nothing near $255 for a high then the run is over and it's time to look for further pullback (sideways is over). Today feels like it is the make or break day for bulls and so far, $250 is resistance but daily chart is trending up...

I think the run was over early last week, when the buying pattern changed (big buyer stopped steady accumulation). Momentum traders carried it further to 258 before profit taking started its toll and took us down to 248. That is the pullback, now it should consolidate, hoping in the 250-255 range for a few weeks, and ER will start the next movement.

At least that's my current theory... I'd love to be proven wrong and see 255 today and 258-260 tomorrow!

Reactions: neroden
With respect to the ER for Q4, there is a decent possibility that it will be baked into the price and there will not be a pullback. (Assuming it's not oversold-too quick of a run up)

Getting the Gigafactory operational was a positive leap forward. TE will be adding to the bottom line for 2017 this is a big deal. This will further push up Q1.

We still have the second reveal for the model 3 (March/April).

We should see solar come into play on Q2, Q3, Q4.

I think TESLA has a good story to tell and will be providing steak in 2017.

OMG, OMG, OMG!

My incentive just jumped from $3K to $14K (CAD)!!!
Ontario Making Electric Vehicles More Affordable

Tesla is going to sell whole lot of vehicles in Ontario now. Quebec used to be bigger market than Ontario, because of $8K incentive vs. $3K, now it's $14K vs $8K :)

Make no mistakes, these things matter, as you can judge by my mood :)
Congratulations! Great news!

If you could time buying TSLA as well as you timed your MS purchase the price of the car would be mouse nuts.

TSLA is showing surprising strength on a red Nasdaq day. Personally, I thought the uptrend was coming to an end prior to earnings (in favor of sideways or back to 242) but this SP action today has me reconsidering. If this holds and we close above 250 I may go in on some short-term calls at the end of the day.
Already there...with some "I'm chicken" stops. Will it revert to the market or go up again after the Tesla lunchtime lull? The Lady or the Tiger?

Volume of TSLA is low today, despite the gain in price. What I believe we're seeing is the old short strategy of capping and they've chosen 252 as their target. If TSLA could convincingly bust through 252 it could climb higher, particularly if volume picks up. I'll be very interested to see what happens with short shares at Fidelity today because it's possible that additional shares might be used to reinforce the cap and then try a downward slope into close. We live in interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.