Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping vgrinshpun or someone can share with us the short drawdown/covering for the full trading day. I wouldn't be surprised if we're seeing this afternoon the first real wave of shorts throwing in the towel after the recent run up.

Puzzling as it is, I am not catching any significant signs of covering, in fact there is still shorting going on - talking about trying to piss against the wind in a ... wind tunnel (I am wondering if Tesla has one or is outsourcing their testing - cause you know, would be nice to say pissing against the wind in Tesla wind tunnel)

snap1.png

Puzzling as it is, I am not catching any significant signs of covering, in fact there is still shorting going on - talking about trying to piss against the wind in a ... wind tunnel (I am wondering if Tesla has one or is outsourcing their testing - cause you know, would be nice to say pissing against the wind in Tesla wind tunnel)

View attachment 221187
Is that 101% real or an error?

Reactions: MP3Mike

View attachment 221187

Thanks vgrinshpun. In a way, the fact that we've reached 304 without any substantial short covering is even more bullish. It tells us that longs continue to drive this rally and shorts haven't really joined in yet. I suppose it's best to partake of the dessert towards the end of the meal.

closed everything out, made a few day trades. 1122% portfolio increase since friday. wow.

No just buy buy

View attachment 221187

That's normal, most shorts are shorting because of fundamentals not matching the stock price. Being rational here, the fundamentals didn't change, except the fact that there was a growth in revenues...

Shorts will give up once profits will be at the corner and inevitable : basically once M3 production and deliveries will prove itself working.

For now, to them, what's happening here is just a bubble inflating even more.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and gene

View attachment 221187
There is that Boring company tunnel...

• Funny
Reactions: madodel
That's normal, most shorts are shorting because of fundamentals not matching the stock price. Being rational here, the fundamentals didn't change, except the fact that there was a growth in revenues...

Shorts will give up once profits will be at the corner and inevitable : basically once M3 production and deliveries will prove itself working.

For now, to them, what's happening here is just a bubble inflating even more.

The reason it is puzzling is that as SP hitting ATH every day, short sellers, at the end of every day are required to increase their collateral in a separate account to a value higher than SP x quantity of shares held short. So if somebody held 1000 shares short, as the stock moved from $245 to $300 in less than a month he/she would be required to increase the collateral from $245k+ to $300k+. That got to hurt, and at certain point could lead to insolvency...

Last edited:
What was your poison of choice? Apr13-300C was mine and I only did 6 contracts but had a blast with it anyways.
@1kEE:
april 21 300C. i had a whole bunch from last week that i kept, and stuck with it buying and selling a handful over the last two glorious days, while keeping a solid core of 15 or so that i moved mid-day today. will look for any dip tomorrow to try and get back in for any quick trimmings available.

@1kEE:
april 21 300C. i had a whole bunch from last week that i kept, and stuck with it buying and selling a handful over the last two glorious days, while keeping a solid core of 15 or so that i moved mid-day today. will look for any dip tomorrow to try and get back in for any quick trimmings available.

Wow, and you got a 10+ fold return (you mentioned 1120%) ?
I came close to doubling my money buying apr13-300C in the 4s and selling in the 8s....

Status
Not open for further replies.