Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$60B is very optimistic for an unproven company, that's not "talking down". He makes observations based on physical fact.

Whether he likes it or not he is the CEO of a publicly held company. If he puts the word 'overvalued' or 'valued higher than we deserve' even if he is being truthful he is talking down the stock.
There is a reason to have an IR and/or OR department. He should take their advice on how to word a truthful statement that does not talk down the stock or a generic bland statement.
He is a brilliant man who is making great progress on saving us fron ourselves. He does need a little help on answering this question.

He is a brilliant man who is making great progress on saving us fron ourselves. He does need a little help on answering this question.
I'm sure every time he's said it he's had suggestions on how to handle it differently, he basically said as much at the recent conference. I don't expect him to change and it really doesn't bother me much when he says it, it has no bearing on my long term outlook on the company.

I'm sure every time he's said it he's had suggestions on how to handle it differently, he basically said as much at the recent conference. I don't expect him to change and it really doesn't bother me much when he says it, it has no bearing on my long term outlook on the company.

I totally agree with your statement. I am doing what many do here, voicing an opinion that he could and should do better ;)

$60B is very optimistic for an unproven company, that's not "talking down". He makes observations based on physical fact.

Anytime someone says the price is higher than it should be, that's talking down. Full stop.

Yes, he makes observations based on fact. That doesn't mean he should make those observations out loud.

• Funny
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Because it almost certainly was not.

You're not going to sit there and watch autopilot drive you into a ditch. You're going to grab the wheel, or hit the brakes, or something, and any of those actions would immediately disengage autopilot.

Well yeah, unless you are a Korean pop star or whatever that dude was who drove his model X into his garage wall and blamed the Tesla for not stopping for him.

Whether he likes it or not he is the CEO of a publicly held company. If he puts the word 'overvalued' or 'valued higher than we deserve' even if he is being truthful he is talking down the stock.
There is a reason to have an IR and/or OR department. He should take their advice on how to word a truthful statement that does not talk down the stock or a generic bland statement.
Or he knows what's coming down the line that has not been deployed, which would merit a higher valuation...

Anytime someone says the price is higher than it should be, that's talking down. Full stop.

Yes, he makes observations based on fact. That doesn't mean he should make those observations out loud.

The thing is.. Musk isn't even qualified himself to call a top or bottom what SP ought be. Highly irresponsible, inappropriate and not to mention inaccurate to make commentary on such matters

That is not enough credit (one way or the other) to the 32,999 employees who is not Musk.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV

People have trouble getting the attribution right when there are crashes.

I do think the background on the screen should be a different color when autopilot is engaged. Control state should be really obvious in lots of places.

As far as Elon's comments on share price, he said he sees a path to apple like valuation.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Goodwill is worth a lot. Candor helps generate goodwill in the aggregate.

People have trouble getting the attribution right when there are crashes.

I do think the background on the screen should be a different color when autopilot is engaged. Control state should be really obvious in lots of places.

Agreed. Just did a multi-day road trip with my wife and there were several "oh yeah, I'm driving" moments for both of us. Not that any were dangerous but eventually someone's going to get bitten by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.