Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you laud Singapore's economy. A neighbor and though older than I is a truly distinguished professor of international economic development ranks Singapore as the best run macroeconomic nation in the world. (He has worked as a consultant to that country's top government economic think tank.)

They're clearly an economic success story and have the reputation of being a really well run place, but as far as the 'macro' in macroeconomics, it's worth pointing out that the population of Singapore (5.6 million) is comparable to cities like Atlanta, Philadelphia or Miami. Greater NYC is almost 5 times as large, at 23.6 million. Size matters.

Reactions: MitchJi and neroden
With the exception of Norway, other European countries are coming in around 80-85% of last quarters total (Sweden, Austria, Belgium, Finland). My guess is around 6000 total which would be about half way between Q1and Q2 total.

Looks closer to 63-6400 to me. Note that last year's record q3 was only 5000.

edit: I'm basing this on September looking only slightly worse than June in non-Norway countries. This seems more accurate to me than extrapolating from the first two months.

Last edited:
3 year anniversary for the "D" event & still waiting for many features shown.
(starts at 6:10 mark)

I suspect they have frozen autopilot features where they are to reduce liability. Too many people sued Tesla over accidents in the proximity of self driving features so they are not releasing in dribs and drabs anymore. They might be looking to freeze the "AP" codebase and just leapfrog to the FSD codebase. But, I do wish they would update us on what the plan is.

Still call this thin trading? 50k shares on the 5 min chart is atleast respectable, no?

Thin, meaning not a ton of nearby liquidity for aggressive buyers to snap up. Price moves until there's liquidity to satisfy the aggressing party, so price can really move upwards fast if there's not "enough" sellers left "nearby".

There's some very heavy buying going on.

Would love to see dark pool/algo data for the last hour.

Not overly interesting actually. Didn't realize how much volume there was until I looked at a "real" chart - noticed it on accumulators first as it was the only trading window I've had up most of the day. Dark pools show trading - they bought in as it started spiking, then sold when it got higher, as you'd expect a trader to do.

Thin, meaning not a ton of nearby liquidity for aggressive buyers to snap up. Price moves until there's liquidity to satisfy the aggressing party, so price can really move upwards fast if there's not "enough" sellers left "nearby".

Not overly interesting actually. Didn't realize how much volume there was until I looked at a "real" chart - noticed it on accumulators first as it was the only trading window I've had up most of the day. Dark pools show trading - they bought in as it started spiking, then sold when it got higher, as you'd expect a trader to do.

So basically - don't read much into today's move?

Status
Not open for further replies.