Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model S P100D Delivery Disaster ****

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either mine was built on the correct day of the week, or I am missing stuff that other people notice, or maybe I was just lucky!

I thinks it's a combination of the two. Like you, problems with my car were few too (and life's too short to be set off by minor stuff) but there's no doubt that Tesla has quality control issues they need to tighten up on -- and perhaps people need to cut them some slack. But then again maybe not -- it's good to hold their feet to the flame since that will only make them better.

that's my experience too. but you're missing one major element. YOU HAVE TO BE NICE TO THEM FIRST!!!!

they won't apologize profusely if you're an ****** to them two weeks before the car even comes. and then you lose your sh*t and start demanding stuff. apologies and sympathy vanish like smoke in the wind after that, and i don't blame them in the slightest.

Well, yeah, I try to start from a nice place. Point taken.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: avesraggiana

when i saw the apoplectic title of this thread, "2017 Model S P100D Delivery DISASTER********" i thought you showed up and a forklift had accidentally impaled your car right before you got there. then i learn that...... the hood is misaligned.

interesting.

a few things at play here. let's unpack:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the type of people who do that. I avoid them at all costs in both my professional and personal life.

Or maybe Tesla should have just given him a complete refund then blacklist him from buying another Tesla like they have been known to do in the past. That would save both him and Tesla from future headaches that in my view are inevitable.

Now you are acting just like DillyBop

This post and your subsequent posts are in very poor taste

1. He already said they screwed up his order, I am sure he was preempted by that experience to send an email in advance to put them on notice. A fair point considering they screwed up the first time.

2. Very complacent. Very aggressive tone.

3. I think at $165,000 fit and finish is an important factor

4. When you used to be a Financial Advisor it was acceptable to come up short of your clients expectations? This post seems like you're expressing your short comings rather than the topic of the OPs post. Attitude adjustment please.

You may disagree with his approach and I think I do as well but your posts name call and are in poor taste. Not cool.
thanks DHG

• Disagree
Reactions: DillyBop
Now you are acting just like DillyBop

Sorry if I offended you. I commented on two aspect of your post that you took offence too. The first was about asking for the car in pristine condition. That struck me as odd but I've done many odd things in my life too. I never meant to say that you are like certain people who do those type of things all the time but I can understand how you took it that way. It wasn't meant as a personal attack against you. I don't know you personally like others who I directed that comment at. But again I can understand how you took it personally and I apologize for that.

As to my second comment, it was really only to try to prevent more headaches. Tesla has quality control issues, especially with the Model X. I have the greatest respect for people like @ohmman who has battled through them with such a great attitude. You really need to understand that you are not getting anything near perfection but at the same time you are not getting anything like there's ever been on this earth before when it comes to a vehicle. It's a trade off but perhaps not one that's worth it for you, like it is for others. That's all I meant by the blacklist comment. I meant no hard feelings or ugliness.

Now, if you posted pictures like I asked, and the problems looked minor, then I would have at you... ;)

Sorry if I offended you. I commented on two aspect of your post that you took offence too. The first was about asking for the car in pristine condition. That struck me as odd but I've done many odd things in my life too. I never meant to say that you are like certain people who do those type of things all the time but I can understand how you took it that way. It wasn't meant as a personal attack against you. I don't know you personally like others who I directed that comment at. But again I can understand how you took it personally and I apologize for that.

As to my second comment, it was really only to try to prevent more headaches. Tesla has quality control issues, especially with the Model X. I have the greatest respect for people like @ohmman who has battled through them with such a great attitude. You really need to understand that you are not getting anything near perfection but at the same time you are not getting anything like there's ever been on this earth before when it comes to a vehicle. It's a trade off but perhaps not one that's worth it for you, like it is for others. That's all I meant by the blacklist comment. I meant no hard feelings or ugliness.

Now, if you posted pictures like I asked, and the problems looked minor, then I would have at you... ;)

Apology accepted :)

I have the greatest respect for people like @ohmman who has battled through them with such a great attitude.
Hey, listen. My Model X is just as fine as the day I took delivery. Here's a photo from earlier today. I've had nothing to complain about.

dreamstime_xs_19234081_full.jpeg

I feel people are too picky on forums.

I actually commented on another post thread which had pictures that a lot of the issues the poster was complaining about (panel/door/bumper misalignment and uneven gaps) were stuff that I remembered I had on my Pilot (first car), Lexus ES, and then Leaf (which I still had at the time, so I know for sure I had those issues). I just never really noticed or cared them, or thought they were problems at all until I saw the threads here, lol. Of course, I also hadn't dropped 6 figures on those cars either, so I'm sure that plays into it as well.

Reactions: davidc18 and Max*