Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curiously, is that a 100 Amp service to your charger? IE: 80 Amps to the car?
It's been wired as a 100 amp which requires the 100 amp shut off. But right now it's only on a 40 amp circuit as my load calc was high with no history since I just moved in. It's also part of a townhouse which a 200 amp line is shared to two 200 amp meters. I future proofed it so I can upgrade to 400 amp line and then get 2 full 200 amp services later if I get a second EV as I also own the other townhouse.

Right now I'm getting cold feet and can't even sleep. Long story but now regretting the 5 seater, but really need the space. But really wanted the 7 seater. Totally torn, went to look at the Volvo XC90, luckily they closed early?

It's been wired as a 100 amp which requires the 100 amp shut off. But right now it's only on a 40 amp circuit as my load calc was high with no history since I just moved in.

I was wondering, you may have at 40Amp circuit there.
You'll have to forgive my curiosity -- as I saw something in your photo that jumped out at me. The conduit looks to be 1".
On my install I wasn't certain I could get away with a 100A draw and the number of conductors at 1", so selected a minimum size of 1.5". I checked code, and you are ok, assuming 4AWG or smaller. Probably nothing to be concerned with.

Was adding your sub panel shutoff easy, or was it a lot of work? The in-wall sub panel looks clean.

On a more positive note, don't stress. You are living the dream. We envy you. Have fun driving off the lot Friday. ;)

I was wondering, you may have at 40Amp circuit there.
You'll have to forgive my curiosity -- as I saw something in your photo that jumped out at me. The conduit looks to be 1".
On my install I wasn't certain I could get away with a 100A draw and the number of conductors at 1", so selected a minimum size of 1.5". I checked code, and you are ok, assuming 4AWG or smaller. Probably nothing to be concerned with.

Was adding your sub panel shutoff easy, or was it a lot of work? The in-wall sub panel looks clean.

On a more positive note, don't stress. You are living the dream. We envy you. Have fun driving off the lot Friday. ;)
Thanks. The wire in the 1" pipe is 100 amp rated (forget, but the electrician properly sized it). So the only thing we have to do is upgrade the sub panel to 200 amps and put it on a 100 amp breaker, and flip the dip switch from 32 amp to 80 amp on the wall charger.

The reason the install is so clean is that the subpanel to my townhouse is directly behind that wall (which is a common area). Couldn't ask for a better install, he just drilled right through that subpanel to the garage and put the shutoff directly over that hole. The other unit subpanel is also in the garage on the adjacent wall, so easy to do something similar for the next wall charger!

Right now I'm getting cold feet and can't even sleep. Long story but now regretting the 5 seater, but really need the space. But really wanted the 7 seater. Totally torn, went to look at the Volvo XC90, luckily they closed early?

Paul, keep the faith. The XC90 is indeed a beautiful car. But besides being a partially an ICE car, Car and Driver said this: "Perhaps because Volvo continues to telegraph its interest in pushing toward fully autonomous capability, we found it unnerving that the Pilot Assist feature in the XC90, which promises lane centering in addition to the automatic speed control of the adaptive cruise, always uncomfortably hugged the left side of the lane. And the system doesn’t steer strongly enough to stay in its lane, even through moderate curves. Based on this behavior, full autonomy seems light-years away."

Paul, keep the faith. The XC90 is indeed a beautiful car. But besides being a partially an ICE car, Car and Driver said this: "Perhaps because Volvo continues to telegraph its interest in pushing toward fully autonomous capability, we found it unnerving that the Pilot Assist feature in the XC90, which promises lane centering in addition to the automatic speed control of the adaptive cruise, always uncomfortably hugged the left side of the lane. And the system doesn’t steer strongly enough to stay in its lane, even through moderate curves. Based on this behavior, full autonomy seems light-years away."
Yea I've been looking at that.
I think you'll be in the front seat most of the time, so no worries. Out of sight, out of mind ;-)
:) Tesla Vancouver has a 5 seater now to look at it. I'm going in later today and figuring this out.

Reactions: ToddS
It's been wired as a 100 amp which requires the 100 amp shut off. But right now it's only on a 40 amp circuit as my load calc was high with no history since I just moved in. It's also part of a townhouse which a 200 amp line is shared to two 200 amp meters. I future proofed it so I can upgrade to 400 amp line and then get 2 full 200 amp services later if I get a second EV as I also own the other townhouse.

I have a 5-seater - if you feel like a roadtrip to the Gorge, you're welcome to come over and check it out. Plus it would be nice to see you. :)

I have a 5-seater - if you feel like a roadtrip to the Gorge, you're welcome to come over and check it out. Plus it would be nice to see you. :)
Congrats!! Saw your pic with the nice view, great shot of it. As posted above was able to see one. Thanks for the offer. I'll surely ping you on my next trip going past to say hello. Hope u are settled in and enjoying your new X.

Reactions: bonnie
As just posed above, I got to see a 5 seater in person late Friday and very pleased with it. I'm going to take delivery.

What was your original concern with the 5 seater? I got mine yesterday from 4th and am very pleased with it.

I don't agree with some people who have said the layout looks cheap compared to the 6 and 7 seater. I have no issues whatsoever with it.

What was your original concern with the 5 seater? I got mine yesterday from 4th and am very pleased with it.

I don't agree with some people who have said the layout looks cheap compared to the 6 and 7 seater. I have no issues whatsoever with it.
Congrats!

Was more of wanting ability to carry more people. I guess the cheapness comments might have played a slight role too. And I also agree I have no issues with the looks.

I originally had a 5 seat on order which explained much of my year-long delay from order date. I saw both the 5 and 6 seat configuration, side-by-side, and changed my order to the 6 seat. I still question my decision, but the beauty of the pedestal seats is quite remarkable especially when coupled with the FW door presentation. They have more bolster, curves, chrome accents, etc.

Btw, I think the 5 seat bench looks fantastic - much better than comparable SUVs. IMHO, the 5 seat only looks "cheap" in direct comparison to the 6 or 7 seater. Thinner seats, no bolster, carpet backs, more of a typical second row (when directly compared to the pedestal seats).

Reactions: F123456