Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Potentially because they wrapped up Euro deliveries already. First month is reserved for oversees delivery, at least until they start producting in those locales. The schedule has been proven by Model S order frackers as well as OAs.

The cutoff for a custom order for Q1 delivery is mid Feb.

Yeah. I missed the mid-end Feb bit of the original post. The real point is that foreign delivery takes priority when a quarter starts, generally speaking. Then they start building the cars for domestic delivery. And yes, P100D cars seem to get some sort of priority as well.

And when they do start building the cars for the States, they tend to do the ones that need to be delivered the furthest first (which is really the more general plan—furthest deliveries first).

This is the general flow. You will always encounter exceptions.

And I always look for ways to use quotes from Star Wars movies.

Ordered 1/14/17
Confirmed 1/23/17
VIN 1/28/17

Does that seem fast? Still shows scheduled delivery late March early April.

About normal, as Jm says above. I would have to guess the last five digits of your Vin # are right about 399xx or maybe 400xx. That should be somewhat normal in the trend and let delivery happen about end of March.

Last edited:
Toronto, Canada

Ordered 1/24
Confirmed 1/28
VIN 1/28 40xxx

Est Delivery Range: late march - april

X100D 5-seat, blue, 20” helix wheels, tan interior w/ carbon, enhanced autopilot, full self-driving, upgrades package, sound, and cold weather

Toronto, Canada

Ordered 1/24
Confirmed 1/28
VIN 1/28 40xxx

Est Delivery Range: late march - april

X100D 5-seat, blue, 20” helix wheels, tan interior w/ carbon, enhanced autopilot, full self-driving, upgrades package, sound, and cold weather
Congrats on your order! Nice combo... My vin is 35XXX - that's a lot of cars considering I got my VIN only a few weeks ago!