Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX 90D 5-seater

Delivery — March 28, 2017
March 25, 2017 — MyTesla says that the MX is undergoing preparation for delivery
By March 19, 2017 — MyTesla has been built and is in transit from the factory
Delivery time range updated in MyTesla, orally and by email
Assigned delivery time range (email)
Assigned VIN — January 11, 2017 updated in MyTesla
Order confirmed — December 26, 2016
Ordered — December 19, 2016
Configured — March 26, 2016
Invited to configure — December 7, 2015
Reservation ($5,000) — August 14, 2013

I was told to estimate 10 days in production depending on factory logistics, 2 weeks for transport to Florida, and 1-2 days at the SC for prep.

I'm VIN 411XX. Tesla confirmed my order 2/1. I was originally scheduled "March-early April," but I'm now "May-early June."

I think I just got clipped because they made enough 1st quarter x100D's, the EPA issue caused Tesla to move on. Fore they were finished all the 100D's they would otherwise have made, or they just cut me off for being after Feb. 1 because you have to say enough at some point and Feb. 1 is a bright line.

UPDATE on my MX100D 5-seat, blue, 20” helix wheels, tan interior w/ carbon, enhanced autopilot, full self-driving, upgrades package, sound, and cold weather

1/24 ordered

1/28 confirmed

1/28 VIN 40xxx
My Tesla: Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.
Estimated Delivery Range: Late March - April

2/8 email from DS: Production scheduled for week of 2/27.
(My Tesla: No change.)

2/23 email from DS: Production delayed with no revised production date yet scheduled.
My Tesla: Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.
Estimated Delivery Range: Late April – May

3/9 email from DS: Production scheduled for week of 4/3
(My Tesla: No change.)

4/10 email from DS: Production re-scheduled for week of 4/17.
Estimated Delivery Range: May – Early June

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4 and JHWJR