Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It also indicates over the next several months... I wouldn't hold my breath. We are still waiting for an EAP branch promised 1 year ago in 3 months maybe, six months definitely...

Not to mention the tweet mentions nothing about EAP functions either....

Well, the tweet was in response to a specific list of demands. The previous tweet was not asking about AP. So that does not preclude the possibility that 8.2 would also include some AP improvements.

It also indicates over the next several months... I wouldn't hold my breath. We are still waiting for an EAP branch promised 1 year ago in 3 months maybe, six months definitely...

Not to mention the tweet mentions nothing about EAP functions either....

It seems like circumstantially, the repeater cameras seem logical as the next things to come online. Indeed "in the next months" is pretty much the longest timeframe Elon is capable of grasping, so I definitely wouldn't hold my breath. But it seems like improving blind spot sensing via the repeater cams is the least risky new feature they can offer.

Reactions: Pentium2004
It seems like circumstantially, the repeater cameras seem logical as the next things to come online. Indeed "in the next months" is pretty much the longest timeframe Elon is capable of grasping, so I definitely wouldn't hold my breath. But it seems like improving blind spot sensing via the repeater cams is the least risky new feature they can offer.

How about the feature of the Navigation system transitioning from one interstate to another automatically. We were promised this 3 to 6 months ago. Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge, Say No More!

We also need lane change on secondary roads for AP2 cars and Automatic Emergency Braking to a full stop like most other major car brands have now. Elon needs to give us new features instead of Easter Eggs and bug fixes.

How about the feature of the Navigation system transitioning from one interstate to another automatically. We were promised this 3 to 6 months ago. Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge, Say No More!

We also need lane change on secondary roads for AP2 cars and Automatic Emergency Braking to a full stop like most other major car brands have now. Elon needs to give us new features instead of Easter Eggs and bug fixes.
I would love those things too but they’re also higher risk in terms of what could happen if things go wrong.

A passive feature like blind spot indication seems low risk to offer even if it’s not perfect

Its almost laughable that a car billed as one of the most technologically advanced on the market has all the capability of blind spot detection yet doesn't provide it when a $17000 Hyundai does. If fact almost any car over $20k can have the large majority of the 'Autopilot' features that a Tesla has.

As @S85D said, its okay though because we will soon get frogger on the touchscreen.

I would love those things too but they’re also higher risk in terms of what could happen if things go wrong.

A passive feature like blind spot indication seems low risk to offer even if it’s not perfect

Wait, so when the blind spot indication doesn't tell me that there is a car in my blindspot and I crash into them, because I got no warning, that's a low risk?

Granted a lower risk then having no warning as we do now I guess....

Reactions: Pentium2004

I owned a AP1 car and it had lane change on secondary roads so I don't think that is a huge safety risk for it to be added to AP2 cars.

Interstate to Interstate transition was promised by Elon when we got the next major Nav update many months ago. It is definitely risker if the car needs to move multiple lanes to be able to exit for the transition. Tesla could do baby steps by saying you had to be in the lane closest to the exit.

I love my Tesla and like Elon, I just want some new features other than remotely opening the Frunk/Trunk which I can already do on my key Fob.

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad

I wonder to what extent they can use the ultrasonics to validate the camera based blind spot recognition. Can they use them to measure the false negatives from the cameras to gain confidence before deploying EAP auto lane change?

Wait, so when the blind spot indication doesn't tell me that there is a car in my blindspot and I crash into them, because I got no warning, that's a low risk?

Granted a lower risk then having no warning as we do now I guess....

In my AP1 S85D, a car could move all the way up to the back of my driver's door before the blind spot detection came on. I don't know if it has been fixed on AP1 cars but that was a huge risk of running into a car during lane changes.

The AP2 cars are better but it would be even better if Tesla turned on the side cameras.

How bout the cross country drive? :(

Egg on his face, indeed.

It will happen. You know how Tesla is: they miss deadlines at first but when they do succeed at something, it's amazing. We Tesla fans are constantly swinging back and forth between frustration/impatience and awestruck amazement.